Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Speaker Cable...quick recommendations

Sometimes they differ, especially boutique gear that uses single Cardas/WBT style terminals

I tend to like Supra cables a lot - very nice, balanced sound.

Quote Originally Posted by martin2395 View Post
    Sometimes they differ, especially boutique gear that uses single Cardas/WBT style terminals
    I suppose that makes them extra special. I have Crown, Carver, Soundcraftsmen, and Adcom amps in the house and the terminal spacing is the same for all of them. The bi-amp terminal cups I bought for the 4345s have the same spacing, too, as do the L1, L3, L5, L7, 4412A, L80T, etc.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I suppose that makes them extra special. I have Crown, Carver, Soundcraftsmen, and Adcom amps in the house and the terminal spacing is the same for all of them. The bi-amp terminal cups I bought for the 4345s have the same spacing, too, as do the L1, L3, L5, L7, 4412A, L80T, etc.
    The standard dual banana spacing is a U.S. thing... unfortunately it is only a couple of mm different than the most common European AC mains plugs and has been banned for use in Europe due to safety concerns.

I've been using Pamona dual bananas since the mid '70s. They are very convenient when your speakers and amps have compatible banana plug spacing.

Widget

While I am planning to clamp the wire just to the terminal. A bass directly to the speakers. In this regard, I want to try tinned copper.

J.A.F.S.

Pomona products

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    The standard dual banana spacing is a U.S. thing... unfortunately it is only a couple of mm different than the most common European AC mains plugs and has been banned for use in Europe due to safety concerns.

I've been using Pamona dual bananas since the mid '70s. They are very convenient when your speakers and amps have compatible banana plug spacing.

Widget
    Like you Widget, I am a long-term (and very satisfied) user of Pomona ....
    Amazed I'm still alive!
    Tim

Are we speaking of Pomona as a brand or a type? I know the brand well but I grew up calling a dual-banana a Pomona Plug as a connector type.

What I'm using could be called Neutrik Pomona Plugs or Neutrik dual-banana plugs. A very small semantic issue with trade-mark implications, like grabbing a "Kleenex" or making a "Xerox". Pomona calls theirs dual-bananas.

Name:  1330.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  100.5 KB
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Speaker Cable...quick recommendations

It seems to me the reputable speaker companies would have jumped on the boutique speaker cable bandwagon if there were any credence to this debate at all. I am sure they explored and tested the option since there is a big $$$ potential. Perhaps, they found it unethical to put ones name on a product that only produces a placebo effect and not really enhance ones listening experience. I agree Pomona connectors with a solid clean connection and adequate gauge wire cut at equal lengths not to exceed the application and run to avoid power cable induction is all one needs. JBL simply recommends "line cord" and specifies the recommended gauges for the needed cable length on many of its products. I never really understood the boutique speaker cable market, but I sure wish I were in on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RLock View Post
    It seems to me the reputable speaker companies would have jumped on the boutique speaker cable bandwagon if there were any credence to this debate at all. I am sure they explored and tested the option since there is a big $$$ potential. Perhaps, they found it unethical to put ones name on a product that only produces a placebo effect and not really enhance ones listening experience. I agree Pomona connectors with a solid clean connection and adequate gauge wire cut at equal lengths not to exceed the application and run to avoid power cable induction is all one needs. JBL simply recommends "line cord" and specifies the recommended gauges for the needed cable length on many of its products. I never really understood the boutique speaker cable market, but I sure wish I were in on it.
    All you need to "get in on it" is a good story, some capital to get a factory in China to produce your "RLock Sound Power Superior Audio Cable", and flexible ethics.

Widget

Speaker Cable...quick recommendations

Yes, with patented "Real Time Electron Tunneling Technology" to reduce electron drift inside the cables, therefore the same exact electrons from your amp will power the drivers without delay (Far superior to standard cables). Am I getting too far out there? I think there are people out there would buy my cables and not feel ripped off and even brag how great they are. Any investors?

If you go with Wormhole Antimatter Neutrino Kables with Quantum Entanglement Regime operation (WANKQER), I'm in for a buck.

BTW, I'm a fan of using four conductor speaker cables with adequate gauge wire,
    but that's partly because it allows some flexibility in wiring. Beyond that (and
    secure/appropriate terminations), my personal interest is usually elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RLock View Post
    Any investors?
    Draw up some confusing illustrations and start a Kickstarter Campaign.

Widget

Lightbulb Speaker Cable...quick recommendations

The longer the acronym the more we can charge...Awesome! Buck's Super Stereo World can carry the entire line.

Try this !!!!!!!

No one would say that it wouldn’t be great to improve already owned speaker cables performance, if that could be easy and possible to achieve at the price around 120 pounds; – D. So , now thanks to ALBEDO- SILVER, well renowned Polish silver cables manufacturer – the one of the best cables money can buy, that wish became possible. Their latest product – Cables stands called Butterfly designed to eliminate vibration and prevent the electrostatic electric charge, made it happened.

Mogami in bulk:
    http://www.mogamicable.com/pdf/Mogami_Tech_cat2014.pdf

Mogami cable is difficult to beat

Hardware from Redco Audio (they're a Mogami dealer as well) Seem to have the best selection in bulk out of all the "dealers" I've dealt with

The REAN/Neutrik connectors are the best deal for the money and are well made

I started using Mogami for low capacitance turntable jobs, the quality is superb

More studios probably use Mogami and Belden than any other manufacturers; only issue I have ever had with Belden is finding a vendor that had the model cable I wanted IN STOCK, that, or having to buy 10x what I wanted

Redco has always had the goods in Mogami and will sell you any length you want; they also carry Canare

Thread Information