Thread: SerTech Labs in San Jo!

SerTech Labs in San Jo!

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....ull&1264528796

Never heard of this company but they make some BOLD claims. Of particular interest is their comparison chart. The 4415 has "low efficiency, not a great sounding speaker," the Altec A7 "too much of a horn sound, very efficient." They did say the L100 was good for a bookshelf! I'm hoping a Bay Area member can drag down their JBL's or Altecs for an A/B. I'm sure they will walk away with some SerTechs? They do have a bunch of impressive "testimonials."

On a side note, what's a 4415?

Maron Horonzakz
    Arnt those the cheep PYLE tweeters??? $19.95 each????

The "testimonials" read like they were written by the same "customer".

I wonder if they can deliver via white van?
    "Zobel is as zobel does"

Hey, Uncle Paul,

I agree with you, Sir! On the larger set, the horn looks very similar, if not identical, to the old EV horns, which were originally paired with the EV T35 tweeters. I'd say "Caveat Emptor", when it comes to these speakers. Just my two cents.... Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

I have read that this company has a good reputation for repair of audio/video equipment. I'm wondering if any Bay Area members have used their services and can confirm or deny their claims?

Hey Doc, load those L300's and take a road trip to San Jose, it may be worth your time and effort? I know Ti Dome goes to the South Bay often. Maybe he can check them out? Careful though, you may end wanting to unload that Synthesis stuff if you do!

Evening, Oznob,

I'll be not too far away, this coming Summer. Hummmm...... But, I think I may pass on that idea, only because the finish on our L300's is pretty darned nice, and I'd hate to ding them up, especially when I am already thinking that the trip might be a total waste of time. But, hey, I could definitely be wrong. It's just that old adage, "when something seems too good to be true...", keeps popping into my mind. AND, IF we wanted to replace our L300's, it would have to be with another JBL product, like the big 4-ways, or the never SOTA designs. If I had the coin jingling in my jeans, that comparison would be well worth a trip. But, for the speakers being offered..... I'll sit on the sidelines and see if anyone else wants to make that trip, thank you!! (We're listening to Yo-Yo Ma, and some of his friends, right now, on the L300's, and it sounds like they right here in the room with us!) Fun! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc (JBL Luddite, and proud of it!)
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Tweeter: Fostex FT17H ($38.50 ea.)
    Small Horn: P-Audio PH2510 ($22.00)
    10" Woofer: EVM10DLX ($150.00)
    12" Woofer: Eminence 12" (<$70.00 ea.)

dgorshe
    Well guess I'm going to revive this thread. I went to listen to these speakers yesterday and I was very impressed. They sound excellent and I would definitely suggest auditioning them when you get the chance. Looks can be deceiving, I was a skeptic when I walked into the place especially after visiting their website but after hearing them I instantly changed my view point. Would definitely suggest an A/B test with the speaker of your choice, you will most definitely be amazed by the performance of these speakers. My 2-cents

Thread Information