Thread: EON buying advise

EON buying advise

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of getting an EON system for our band, a low volume three piece group. I need advice on which way to go shopping :

1. (2) EON 515s
    or
    2. (2) EON 510s with the 518 sub
    or
    3. (2) EON 515s with the 518 sub

I think #3 would be over-kill, but if the fedelity is that much better, then that would be ok. Choice #2 seems to be the most practical.

What'cha think?

Thanks.
    There are two theories to arguing with women, but...neither has worked.

Have you considered the equivalent Mackie systems? A friend I work with on S/R jobs has two smaller systems using Mackie powered monitors and subs—one pole-mounted like the EON, and another with twin 18" in the subs and towers on top—and he much prefers the Mackies' sound to the JBLs he's worked with. Just a thought and they may even be cheaper.

:dont-know
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Hey Phil,

Yep, I saw the Mackies. But maybe I need to get off of "name brand buying", I was going to buy JBL without even listening to anything else...too much trust, maybe.

However, this store does carry both brands so an A/B would be easy. In fact, Mackie was the first thing they suggested.

The loyalist,
    Hambone
    There are two theories to arguing with women, but...neither has worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    I was going to buy JBL without even listening to anything else...too much trust, maybe.
    I'm sure the JBLs are fine and I've never even heard a good system with them. It doesn't bother me to be wearing my "JBL Professional" T-shirt almost every time I'm setting up the Mackie systems. Or, perhaps worse yet, whenever we stage the big system which is Klipsch Professional gear of a configuration I've never seen anywhere else and has long-since become discontinued. It works though. I give most of the credit to the five Crown Macro-Techs.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

I have used the Mackie's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    Hey Phil,

Yep, I saw the Mackies. But maybe I need to get off of "name brand buying", I was going to buy JBL without even listening to anything else...too much trust, maybe.

However, this store does carry both brands so an A/B would be easy. In fact, Mackie was the first thing they suggested.

The loyalist,
    Hambone
    I hope lighting does not strike me:shock:, but the Mackie's are good speakers.
    I have also used the JBL EONs, but I have never had a chance to A_B the two. Let us know what you think!

Thread Information