Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Sales: Bose vs JBL

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBrewster77 View Post
    Really? I have a pair stashed [way, way, way] in the back of my closet - I'm not proud, but sh%t happens.

Hell, if you really like 'em, $50 plus shipping takes them, and they have VERY low hours on them
    A closet Bose fella eh? lol jk
    Over the years, I've owned a couple of pairs of that model and while they didnt' sound all that bad, they still found a way out.

Thanks for the offer Mike but I just have too many(JBL,JBL,JBL,JBL,JBL,JBL,JBL,Klipsch) speakers in my house. Any more and my autos won't be able to leave the house due to the force field de magnetico, but thanks anyway.

RIGGED

Quote Originally Posted by RIGGED View Post
    A closet Bose fella eh? lol jk
    I just threw up a little in my mouth - thanks for that!

Over the years, I've owned a couple of pairs of that model and while they didnt' sound all that bad, they still found a way out.

Thanks for the offer Mike but I just have too many(JBL,JBL,JBL,JBL,JBL,JBL,JBL,Klipsch) speakers in my house.
    A couple, huh? You're a glutton for punishment, aren't you?

That's cool though. Some poor sucker .... errrrrr, discerning audiophile on eBay will be happy to pick them up, I'm sure. Honestly, they haven't been hooked up in at least 5 years. Why they're still in the house, I don't even know? :dont-know

Klipsch, huh? I think there's a conversation going on around here somewhere about them

Best,
    - Mike

Bust out the SPL meter!!!

I just threw up a little in my mouth - thanks for that!

A couple, huh? You're a glutton for punishment, aren't you?

That's cool though. Some poor sucker .... errrrrr, discerning audiophile on eBay will be happy to pick them up, I'm sure. Honestly, they haven't been hooked up in at least 5 years. Why they're still in the house, I don't even know? :dont-know

Klipsch, huh? I think there's a conversation going on around here somewhere about them

Best,
    - Mike
    Yea, sad to say it took me two times to realize, same thing happened with Heresy speaks.

I remember when I sold the second pair, the dude had an alligator smile and said..."you just can't beat Bose" lmao!

Nah, to each their own I say.

The Cornwalls can sound a tad bit shrill, if pushed that is; as long as the dial doesn't pass 11'oclock, they sound nice.

Sadly, I always end up(if not totally sauced) rolling out either the Cabarets or the SRs to satisfy my SPL craving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoNW1VeeTUs

RIGGED

Nah, to each their own I say.
    Totally agree with that in principle, but given my level of JBL brand loyalty ... well, y'know But, I'm not ridiculous about it - I do actually own other brands of speakers (for better or worse, depending...)

The Cornwalls can sound a tad bit shrill, if pushed that is; as long as the dial doesn't pass 11'oclock, they sound nice.
    11 o'clock can mean a lot of different things . Are we talking a 15W tube amp or a 300W solid state here?

Sadly, I always end up(if not totally sauced) rolling out either the Cabarets or the SRs to satisfy my SPL craving.
    Totally sauced is not the right frame of mind for thinking speakers sound good - hell, I should know ... I once actually enjoyed Bose's

Might as well face it.....I'm an addict.

Totally agree with that in principle, but given my level of JBL brand loyalty ... well, y'know But, I'm not ridiculous about it - I do actually own other brands of speakers (for better or worse, depending...)

11 o'clock can mean a lot of different things . Are we talking a 15W tube amp or a 300W solid state here?

Totally sauced is not the right frame of mind for thinking speakers sound good - hell, I should know ... I once actually enjoyed Bose's

Aside from the bathrooms, JBL speakers occupy quite a bit of real estate in my house, gameroom/garage and patio included. The only pair of non JBL speakers I own are the Cornwalls by Klipsch. Hey wait, I also own a Cambridge Soundworks radio, deepest bass I've ever heard from a table topper.

Eleven O'clock on my solid state Onkyo 919 receiver.

To sauce or not to sauce....I know but it makes for a great excuse for rattlin windows.

RIGGED

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.

To sauce or not to sauce....I know but it makes for a great excuse for rattlin windows.

+1 It's a good thing my basement windows are small.

How do Bose compare to JBL? (Modified bump for lame thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Audiobeer View Post
    How do Bose compare to JBL? (Modified bump for lame thread)
    Still flogging your dolphins over this I see ...

sad sad - y'all should close this tedious thread and get a life!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Just for you HJ.

Yes, we should get a life!

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Still flogging your dolphins over this I see ...

sad sad - y'all should close this tedious thread and get a life!
    During the commercial break at the station they just aired one of those annoying Bo$e adds.
    The problems is that this is a Spanish format station and the whole commercial was in English, Duh! But if Bo$e wants to pay we will take their money.

I saw a commercial when overseas but it was in pig-latin. I couldn't understand what they were saying, but they had a pair of 901's dancing around a pair of L-300s. What do you think it meant?

(Bose Thread Bump)

I dunno if the folks here have seen the article at this site but I thought it was a pretty unbiased look at BOSE and a fun read as well.
    http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html#number1

Interesting link...

So Bose has gross sales which exceed Harman International, that is pretty amazing when you compare what they bring to the table.

Attached Images Attached Images   

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    So Bose has gross sales which exceed Harman International, that is pretty amazing when you compare what they bring to the table..
    Not really considering all the infomercials they run...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    So Bose has gross sales which exceed Harman International, that is pretty amazing when you compare what they bring to the table..
    Table! I get it!

It's probably not so hard to believe when you understand how much both rely on the OEM automotive business.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thread Information