Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I LOVE Monster Cable!

Quote Originally Posted by jcrobso View Post
    Thank you! The RCA connector was originally designed as cheep audio connector in the late 1940's. Now look at all the things it is used for.
    Contact corrosion is the biggest problem, there are several commercial products that can be used to help reduce this.
    At the Radio station all most all of the signals are balanced, this eliminates so many problems. It was decided in the late 1940s that balanced lines were not necessary for the "home" application and they were to expensive (at that point in time) for home audio, so were stuck with them. John
    Many that are currently available are gold plated, so that eliminates corrosion. And some rca connectors are serated providing a tigher connection. So the 60+ year old connectors have been improved a bit.
    Living in the Land of the Sun

TI, maybe I missed something viewing the thread in hybrid mode, but am I the only other one here that understands what a complete and utter a$$hat Noel Lee and his litigious corporate lawyers at Monster Cable are?

Do you all not know what Monster has been up to?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Cable

Monster Mini Golf

Monster Cable brought suit against Monster Mini Golf in 2006. After legal salvos and an attempt at mediation, the owners of Monster Mini Golf launched a grassroots campaign against Monster Cable on the Internet. After receiving more than 200 complaints from the public, Monster Cable dropped the lawsuit and agreed to pay up to $200,000 of Monster Mini Golf's legal fees.[20]

Just one of many they've sued. Monster Energy drinks, Monster.com (jobsite), Monster transmissions, and, gasp, even Pixar over the movie Monsters Inc. Anyone and everyone with the word "Monster" in their name, and some not, are subject to litigation from these bungholios.

They tried to F with BlueJeans cable and got their hats handed to them by Kurt Denke, owner of BlueJeans and an ex-attorney. http://www.audioholics.com/news/indu...s-strikes-back

DO NOT BUY THEIR products. No matter what you think of the merits of the gear, you must surely disagree with their morals.

One more fun link to see more of the BS and ripoff's Monster pulls. http://gizmodo.com/tag/monster-cable/

I bought some of those gold-plated, serated connectors just today, and tight is the understatement of the year! They were in fact so tight, I was afraid I was going to damage the inputs/outputs of my gear from the shear force needed to install them.

Not sure I'd be gung-ho about using them on any older equipment without maybe loosening them up just a tad first...

That being said, they sound good...I think. I made several other changes today to the system in question, so I don't know that I could pinpoint what impact the interconnects themselves had, but the sum of the changes is definitely positive

Best,
    - Mike

Quote Originally Posted by jblsound View Post
    Many that are currently available are gold plated, so that eliminates corrosion. And some rca connectors are serated providing a tigher connection. So the 60+ year old connectors have been improved a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    TI, maybe I missed something viewing the thread in hybrid mode, but am I the only other one here that understands what a complete and utter a$$hat Noel Lee and his litigious corporate lawyers at Monster Cable are?

Do you all not know what Monster has been up to?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Cable

Monster Mini Golf

Monster Cable brought suit against Monster Mini Golf in 2006. After legal salvos and an attempt at mediation, the owners of Monster Mini Golf launched a grassroots campaign against Monster Cable on the Internet. After receiving more than 200 complaints from the public, Monster Cable dropped the lawsuit and agreed to pay up to $200,000 of Monster Mini Golf's legal fees.[20]

Just one of many they've sued. Monster Energy drinks, Monster.com (jobsite), Monster transmissions, and, gasp, even Pixar over the movie Monsters Inc. Anyone and everyone with the word "Monster" in their name, and some not, are subject to litigation from these bungholios.

They tried to F with BlueJeans cable and got their hats handed to them by Kurt Denke, owner of BlueJeans and an ex-attorney. http://www.audioholics.com/news/indu...s-strikes-back

DO NOT BUY THEIR products. No matter what you think of the merits of the gear, you must surely disagree with their morals.

One more fun link to see more of the BS and ripoff's Monster pulls. http://gizmodo.com/tag/monster-cable/
    Not to mention the poor folks at Monster Vintage Clothing, Monsters of the Midway... and the list goes on.

I sent Noel Lee a very opinionated letter about his company's business tactics, though I was afraid to address it to Monster Cable or mention Monster in the letter for fear that I hadn't obtained the right to use the word on my own paper.

He tries to play at being all innocent, nice, and friendly, and he claims he has to let his lawyers do these things to protect his brand, but he strikes me as arrogant, greedy, controlling, and evil. These are just my opinions of course, written in the course of exercising my right to free speech, and I could be proven wrong. He could start by donating $150,000 to my nonprofit organization that focuses on keeping kids out of gangs. Then I'd concede I might be wrong.
    Out.

Anybody heard of X-Terminators? I use XLR plugs for all, except from the CD to the preamp, as I have found no cable with XLR plugs that sound as good as my Monster Sigma interconnect. The plugs on the Sigma cable is very hard to enter, so I guess they make a good contact.

Maybe if they had made the Sigma cables longer, I would still use phono plugs all the way.

At the moment I try to find balanced cables sounding as good as the Sigma. Not an easy task.

Loosening Them

"Not sure I'd be gung-ho about using them on any older equipment without maybe loosening them up just a tad first..."

A 1/4" drive, 7/32" socket, works like a jug of wine/dinner...

If this is to me; Can you please write in understandable English? (That is that who not have English as the 1st language?)

Quote Originally Posted by rek50 View Post
    "Not sure I'd be gung-ho about using them on any older equipment without maybe loosening them up just a tad first..."

A 1/4" drive, 7/32" socket, works like a jug of wine/dinner...

Loosening Tight RCA Connectors

Post #93 Quote " I bought some of those gold-plated, serated connectors just today, and tight is the understatement of the year! They were in fact so tight, I was afraid I was going to damage the inputs/outputs of my gear from the shear force needed to install them.

Not sure I'd be gung-ho about using them on any older equipment without maybe loosening them up just a tad first... "

I loosen the RCA connectors, that are too tight, by inserting a 7/32" socket into them. The socket spreads the RCA connector and makes it looser.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by rek50 View Post
    I loosen the RCA connectors, that are too tight, by inserting a 7/32" socket into them. The socket spreads the RCA connector and makes it looser.
    OK, so you'll most likely never read this, but I just signed up for an account I'm likely never going to use again to say...

THANK YOU!

I have been dealing with tight RCAs for DECADES, both as a musician and music/movie lover, and I have NEVER heard of anything so brilliant and simple. I am currently putting together a little home theater and have some after market (read: MC) component cables for a PS2 and an Xbox
    (don't judge, I have a stressful job ). I decided to use the Google to see if ANYONE had ANY bright ideas on how to not ruin all my gear in the process of putting everything together, and look what I stumbled upon... NIRVANA.

Oh God, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...

Peace,

DB

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Not to mention the poor folks at Monster Vintage Clothing, Monsters of the Midway... and the list goes on.

Nevertheless, various reviews have reported that listeners and viewers are unable to tell a difference between substantially higher-priced Monster cables and inexpensive cables[5][6][7] - these can actually be found online with prices go as low as 1¢ (Online retailers such as Amazon) with surprisingly high ratings. In addition, some opinions differ, especially for cables which carry digital signals such as HDMI cables.[8] In one experiment, audiophile listeners could not distinguish between short Monster cables and ordinary coat hangers.[9] Another reviewer concluded that "16-gauge lamp cord and Monster [speaker] cable are indistinguishable from each other with music."[10]

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201...internet.shtml

The Companies Who Support Censoring The Internet

from the censorship-is-good-for-business dept

A group of companies sent a letter to to Attorney General Eric Holder and ICE boss John Morton today (with cc's to VP Joe Biden, Homeland Security boss Janet Napolitano, IP Czar Victoria Espinel, Rep. Lamar Smith, Rep. John Conyers, Senator Patrick Leahy and Senator Charles Grassley), supporting the continued seizure of domain names they don't like, as well as the new COICA censorship bill, despite the serious Constitutional questions raised about how such seizures violate due process and free speech principles.

The companies try to present a united front that censoring the internet is a good thing. It includes the usual suspects of Viacom and NBC Universal on the content side and Louis Vuitton and Tiffany on the counterfeiting side, but there are a few other interesting names: such as Monster Cable (never met an IP law it didn't want to abuse, apparently), the NBA, MLB and NFL (sports leagues unite in censorship!) as well as Voltage Pictures, famous for suing thousands of fans for downloading Hurt Locker. Activison, which has become increasingly aggressive on IP issues lately is on the list as well, of course.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

I use strictly aged Muenster cable, with my huge collection of BOSE 901's. Sounds like teen spirt. Or is it Hammered Sh*t?

Dunno... I'm basically deft. But they do SMELL wonderful!

Just kiddin' ... Don't trip!

Thread Information