Thread: Stearin candle - how to remove?

Stearin candle - how to remove?

Hi. Fore some time ago I was unlucky, and a stearin candle standing on one of my speakers felt down on the floor, and some of it was sprayed on the fabric grill.

Does any body knows what to to to remove it, without damage the grill cloth?

Most of the stearin if not all you can get off with an electric iron (not too hot) and blotting paper. I hope there will not be any color change. Good luck, Rolf!

Thanks Peter. I have been thinking the same myself, but was not sure, as the fabric is very thin.

You can try this as well:

Remove as much of the excess wax as possible. Make it easier for yourself by first chilling the area. Place ice-cubes in a plastic bag. Leave it on the spot with the candle wax for a few minutes. Scrape off the wax bits. Place paper towels onto the wax residue. Heat your iron up to a moderately hot temperature. Iron over the paper towels. You might have to repeat this with mutiple paper towels.

Colored candle drips leave a stain. Mix a paste of talcum powder, cornflour or powdered starch and dry cleaning fluid. Work this into the pile. A thick paste of borax and water gives the same result. Vacuum your grill cloth when it dries and it should be as good as new (hopefully)!

Yank
    Basement: JBL SVA-1800 and 2226H DIY Enclosures Computer room: Control-5:Control SB-2 Living room: JBL 240ti

Quote Originally Posted by bigyank View Post
    You can try this as well:

Remove as much of the excess wax as possible. Make it easier for yourself by first chilling the area. Place ice-cubes in a plastic bag. Leave it on the spot with the candle wax for a few minutes. Scrape off the wax bits. Place paper towels onto the wax residue. Heat your iron up to a moderately hot temperature. Iron over the paper towels. You might have to repeat this with mutiple paper towels.

Colored candle drips leave a stain. Mix a paste of talcum powder, cornflour or powdered starch and dry cleaning fluid. Work this into the pile. A thick paste of borax and water gives the same result. Vacuum your grill cloth when it dries and it should be as good as new (hopefully)!

Yank
    Thanks Yank.

Thread Information