Thread: Drivers for L200B cab

Drivers for L200B cab

Hi All,

I obtained a set of empty L200b cabinets and have a variety of drivers available to place in them. I'm a bit unsure of which to use so as to create an optimal system. So:

1) should I use a 375 or 85 mid driver, the latter with long or short horns. I'm concerned that the 375's might be too heavy and create excessive torque on the front panel. re the long or short horns, I do like the long horn more, but is the longer delay time vis a vis woofer and tweeter too severe a penalty... not sure.

2) I've got LE15a woofers and 2235 (I think that's the #'s or close to that) ferrite newer ones. I'm thinking I should go with the ferrites.

3) plan to drill a hole for either 075 or 077 tweeters. Should I drill the hole centrally in the middle above the 375's or mirrored to one side. Is the 075 possible a better much to the 375's ? I'm thinking similar vitage etc may be important.

any suggestions and/or guidance much appreciated

cheers, guenter

many many posts

There are at least 2 very well documented threads on this site about these. It's best to search the site, do your research and *then* ask a specific question.

Otherwise the same info gets repeated and someone somewhere will interpret something a little different and the whole mess starts over.

do not use the short horn.

'sehen

sub

.... I'm sure there is... However when searching the very general terms "L200B 375" (among others) essentially nothing came up except stuff about amplifiers and someone looking at an oak pair..... but it's good to know that information is there so I'll keep searching.

appreciate the pointer

this

try 2312 and L200 ( not B )

Quote Originally Posted by Guenter View Post
    .... I'm sure there is... However when searching the very general terms "L200B 375" (among others) essentially nothing came up except stuff about amplifiers and someone looking at an oak pair..... but it's good to know that information is there so I'll keep searching.

appreciate the pointer
    Here's a start ...
    http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...t=15317&page=9

My original pair were 4320 2 ways with 2307/LE85s (short horn) - I upgraded the cabinets to L200s, added the 2405 slots and later swapped out the 15s for 2234s ...
    Oh, and I built 4333 style crossovers based on a design from a member here ...

One of the other members has added a bump-out on the back of his so he could fit 2312 longhorns in the cabinets
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information