View Poll Results: What System do you think would have widest appeal in a raffle?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • L100

3 16.67%
  • L166

1 5.56%
  • L65

6 33.33%

1 5.56%

1 5.56%

3 16.67%
  • L100T

0 0%
  • 120Ti

0 0%

0 0%

3 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fundraising Raffle

Fundraising Raffle

A fund raising proposal has been made to raffle off a vintage JBL speaker system that has been fully restored and tweaked by the Project May team members. The intent is to have a system that would have as wide appeal as possible to people that participate in this forum and other related forums where we could sell tickets. To that end, we are conducting a poll to determine what systems may meet this criteria. Feel free to suggest a system not covered by this poll by posting your idea as a followup in this thread.

To be clear, this is not a poll for opinions on the best sounding JBL, but rather for which system it is believed that the largest number of tickets could be sold. Therefore, there are not many large systems mentioned since it is thought that only a smaller percentage of our target market could accommodate them. However, this is just an opinion for which you should feel free to disagree with by stating so here.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

L100, but of course

Nothing else is worth considering...

L100, L100, L1!!

bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Obsolete

Re: L100, but of course

I'll second that. Is there really any other JBL Loudspeaker?

BTW - There is no L in front of any of the four model numbers in the Ti series loudspeakers. 18Ti, 120Ti, 240Ti, 250Ti

Obsolete

Re: L100, but of course

If I voted for the L100 and you voted for the L100 then something is amiss Bo because there is only 1 vote so far.

I think you should target the choice to people outside this forum. Most will go for the L100. I have lived with L100's and 4412's side by side. To get to the point the 4412 was leaps and bounds better than the popular L100. So are all the others listed. The L100 is at the bottom of the list. I am not bashing the L100 but that's just the way I see it. They are popular, well known and easy to upgrade, 2 caps. The other speakers while better don't have the recognition. Jubals are also another candidate but the 077's make them a tuff aquisition. I think we should go with what will sell the most tickets. I think the L100 or Jubal will do that.

Rob

Obsolete
    "To get to the point the 4412 was leaps and bounds better than the popular L100. So are all the others listed. The L100 is at the bottom of the list."

True, but let's bias the filters, put in the bigger 58450 L-Pads and find or build a Pass modified Citation 12 to put with them.

Originally posted by Robh3606
    I am not bashing the L100...
    You'd better not be!!

Oh, and yea, Giskard, in my glee I forgot to vote!

Long live the L100!! That's what the L stands for!! Now, where the L's my pair...??
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Re: Re: L100, but of course

Originally posted by Giskard
    BTW - There is no L in front of any of the four model numbers in the Ti series loudspeakers. 18Ti, 120Ti, 240Ti, 250Ti
    My bad. I've now fixed it.

Re: Re: Re: L100, but of course

Originally posted by Don McRitchie
    My bad. I've now fixed it.
    And, since you've not included the option of voting for the Altec Model 19's - what's your vote...?
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

My Vote

Hi Guys,

my vote is extremly clear for the 4425.
    Thats why I think that we should take a pro monitor ...and one of the compact size. The 4333 is also a fine vote, but for most of the wifeys to large
    btw, the 4425 is a fantastic system.

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

LSR32 ?

Small and accurate.
    John Nebel

Re: Re: Re: Re: L100, but of course

Originally posted by boputnam
    And, since you've not included the option of voting for the Altec Model 19's - what's your vote...?
    JU-bal...JU-bal...JU-bal

I still think this system has the best overall appeal in a raffle. I agree that the L100 has the widest recognition and would be my second choice. However there are so many of them out there that anyone who really wants a pair can pick them up off of Ebay at relatively low cost.

Conversely, there are not that many Jubals around, yet they still have a very high recognition factor and demand as evidenced by the stupid prices commanded on Ebay. I think the key is the 077. It gives the system pretentions of being a "big" JBL while still being small enough to fit into most homes. BTW, I know my web partner Steve Schell had a pair of empty Jubal cabinets sitting in his back yard. They may still be there and avaiable for this project if need be. However, they were exposed to the elements and not in great shape.

Don

Originally posted by John Nebel
    LSR32 ?

Dummy... Didn't you see the codicil that we have to use those mystical LE5-8's that Giskard took delivery of...? Just imagine their contribution to a "refined" L100... Hmmmm...

bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Obsolete
    Originally posted by boputnam

Dummy... Didn't you see the codicil that we have to use those mystical LE5-8's that Giskard took delivery of...? Just imagine their contribution to a "refined" L100... Hmmmm...

I'll need to replace both aluminum domes on these LE5-8's after I run sweeps on them to see if it's worth the trouble. The aluminum frames have the usual age spots...

It's interesting comparing the specs anyway - LSR 32 and L75 are close to the same weight and size. That's the important part, right?
    John Nebel

Thread Information