Thread: Sbs Sra 2.1 Speakers

soundmanshorty

Sbs Sra 2.1 Speakers

I started to develop and offer custom Home hifi speakers, using TAD products for clients requesting systems for their homes. From time to time i do get calls for this application so i decided to offer home hifi speakers.

I am offering the SRA 2.1 speaker system with CD or Wood horns, & in a variety of finishes, natural wood, a variety of stained wood choices, or painted white or black, all at the clients request. In this situation with these speakers, my clients wanted to have these cabinets in black.

The SRA 2.1 is to be used biamped, as a 2 way fullrange speaker system from 20 to 20. They can be used with subs in a 3 way configuration aswell, with the SBS SRA 118SW - TAD1801 loaded in a TRI Amped configuration. The SRA 2.1`s are designed with 2 TAD 1603 mid bass drivers and 1 TAD 2001 compression driver.

I am also working on a variation of the SBS - SRA 2.1 & SBS - SRA 118SW subwoofer system, Designed as & for a DJ booth Monitor system & or to be used for side fill / main fullrange top box, that can be ground stacked, or rigged in a lounge / small club for high quality output in any application used.

They will be avail with TAD as the top end choice & custom horns, as well as a number of other brand components for more of a budget oriented installs.

These cabinets are also available to anyone, be it home audiophile clients or installer/sound companies.

I will post the final pics with the grills and installed soon

Here is the thread of the 1st installment of this system for my client

www.systemsbyshorty.com

www.myspace.com/soundmanshorty
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Wouldn't this be better served on the TAD support forum,
    rather than on the forum for a company you said you hoped folds altogether, due to their arrogance towards the customer?

They say even a dog know not to s#it in its food
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

soundmanshorty

Last i checked this

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Wouldn't this be better served on the TAD support forum,
    rather than on the forum for a company you said you hoped folds altogether, due to their arrogance towards the customer?

They say even a dog know not to s#it in its food
    was a general discusion forum, which means its about anything,, so this is why i posted in here, there are very intelligent people on this board, so i thought i would show this new system i built, if you don`t like what i have to show, or my opinions, dont open the links. I quote you here, They say even a dog know not to s#it in its food, lol please.

You think i am the only one that hates there arrogance & finds there is no reason for it, & what has been done to these what were great @ one tme companies and what they have now become, im not the only one that feels this way , think again, there are alot that hate where these companies have gone and the product they are offering.

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    the intelligent folks here seem to be into measurements and response charts, from what i can tell....

lots of talk of SMAART and CLio and other scientific measurement tools...

have you run this kind of analysis on the new boxes you are making?

how about the other systems you have made and posted about,
    any kind of response charts available for public viewing?

good luck with your new venture

Nice joints. looks like quality work, thanks for sharing.
    Why buy used when you can build your own?

soundmanshorty

Here is pix & my clients quote

Quote Originally Posted by soundmanshorty View Post
    I started to develop and offer custom Home hifi speakers, using TAD products for clients requesting systems for their homes. From time to time i do get calls for this application so i decided to offer home hifi speakers.

I am offering the SRA 2.1 speaker system with CD or Wood horns, & in a variety of finishes, natural wood, a variety of stained wood choices, or painted white or black, all at the clients request. In this situation with these speakers, my clients wanted to have these cabinets in black.

The SRA 2.1 is to be used biamped, as a 2 way fullrange speaker system from 20 to 20. They can be used with subs in a 3 way configuration aswell, with the SBS SRA 118SW - TAD1801 loaded in a TRI Amped configuration. The SRA 2.1`s are designed with 2 TAD 1603 mid bass drivers and 1 TAD 2001 compression driver.

I am also working on a variation of the SBS - SRA 2.1 & SBS - SRA 118SW subwoofer system, Designed as & for a DJ booth Monitor system & or to be used for side fill / main fullrange top box, that can be ground stacked, or rigged in a lounge / small club for high quality output in any application used.

They will be avail with TAD as the top end choice & custom horns, as well as a number of other brand components for more of a budget oriented installs.

These cabinets are also available to anyone, be it home audiophile clients or installer/sound companies.

I will post the final pics with the grills and installed soon

Here is the thread of the 1st installment of this system for my client

www.systemsbyshorty.com

of his new system:

I'm the lucky guy who owns this system, and I can't say enough good things. I mean really. I was expecting this to sound great and make dance music come alive. Which it does. I was not expecting it to bring acoustic music from Jazz, to Classical, to Rock, to Vocal Soloists etc. to life the way it does. I have been to hundreds of auditions in countless audiophile stores ... You know the part where they ask you to close your eyes and see if you can feel the band in front of you? Well, before I needed some imagination. Here, I keep opening my eyes 'cause I swear I feel Mick Jagger breathing on me. The power is incredible too ... I can play this system loud enough to get evicted 3x over, and it just keeps going without distortion. Wow! I can't say enough good things about this system. As soon as we get that fan noise taken care of on the Nyla, we are golden. Thanks Shorty!!!! You are the bomb!!!!

www.systemsbyshorty.com

Attached Images Attached Images      

Thread Information