Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: L250/ti bus bar settings ?

Arrow L250/ti bus bar settings ?

Hi y'all

I'm still playing around with my bus bar settings....when I got the 250ti's the mid bar was down a notch,,then I moved them all down 1 notch....just today moved them again "all to zero" ...

You owners out there ...how are yours set ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

I have the TIBQ Xo that has been charge coupled so I have 2 switches, both set to the least amount of high end

Last night I hooked up the the 2nd set (original L250 w/TI drivers) but haven't turned it on, maybe tonight ,they have the bus bars in the original L250 also but it is a different XO

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

All of mine are set at 0db (no attenuation). With my previous SS amp on top, I liked to have them all set at -1db to tame the highs on some bright digital source material. I find that's no longer necessary with tubes.

jblnut

Has anyone considered replacing the bus bars ?? They seem prone to surface corrosion...try wrapping heavy gauge wire ?? or copper bars ? or buff up the existing ones ? or ?

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Has anyone considered replacing the bus bars ?? They seem prone to surface corrosion...try wrapping heavy gauge wire ?? or copper bars ? or buff up the existing ones ? or ?
    No, I've never seen any corrosion. You could buy a bunch of the K2-S9800 jumpers instead and try those.

If by corrosion you mean a kind of patina that develops over time, yes.
    Out.

I recently changed my 250Ti bus bar settings. They were all set flat at 0dB except for the ultra high at -1dB. But now I have moved the ultra high to the 0dB setting.

The owner's manual states that adjustment of the bus bar attenuators will not alter the character of the speaker significantly. Sometimes I adjust the level of the 044Ti tweeter on mine. I suspect that the real reason they put bus bars on them was to give them something in common with the Hartsfield and early Paragon.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    The owner's manual states that adjustment of the bus bar attenuators will not alter the character of the speaker significantly. Sometimes I adjust the level of the 044Ti tweeter on mine. I suspect that the real reason they put bus bars on them was to give them something in common with the Hartsfield and early Paragon.

Mike
    I have some problems with that post.

having played with the bars a bit,,have found that the quasi "east coast" or "west coast" experience can be approximated thru bar manipulation.

Also doubt the bars were just made to be " something in common with the Hartsfield and early Paragon." .... my guess is that they knew the scratchy pots problems would occur in the future and since they were marketed to the higher end buyer, ... that they were made to be most foolproof/low maintenance possible.

Obsolete
    they were made to be most foolproof/low maintenance possible.
    A

I have noticed that the bars and screws have gotten a little less shiny over time, but I have not really considered replacing them. I will occasionally loosen and tighten the screws a couple of times just to make sure there is some fresh metal between the post threads, the screw heads and the bus bars.

Quote Originally Posted by varice View Post
    I will occasionally loosen and tighten the screws a couple of times just to make sure there is some fresh metal between the post threads, the screw heads and the bus bars.
    prolly a good idea ..

I had read this in a catalog

http://www.mapleshaderecords.com/aud...irejumpers.php

and have some sheet copper , may try a DIY replacement, tho no problem currently exists.

found the copper ....cut up some bus bars ( tho w/o audiopile approved scissors) .....Oh wow , the veil was lifted ...the right speaker that sometimes sounded like a left now sounds like a right all the time, the tunes on XM got better , the draft under the front door..stopped ....got NO BILLS in the mail today ....WOW ...it was a life changing experience. Gotta do the left one soon.

alternative answer....maybe no diff ?

going to sandwich the originals over the copper as they get tweeked when you power tighten the screws ...but the copper is the one will be making contact.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have all three l250's straps at 0db - This thread got me to clean the straps and a little more details seems to be shining thru...

Quote Originally Posted by thymanst View Post
    I have all three l250's straps at 0db - This thread got me to clean the straps and a little more details seems to be shining thru...
    All joking aside ....I did put the original bars back on OVER the top of the copper ON THE RIGHT ONLY .....it SEEMS to be a little brighter and may have gained slightly on the db level ...and does SEEM a little different than the untreated left speaker. MAY have gotten same result from the cleaning that you did.

nothing verifiable, just a subjective opinion , but it cant hurt .....

MUCH LATER ....have been listening to WAR on LP and I'll be darned ,,,its like I had turned up the "presence" knob (if there was one) a notch or two ..its an album that I've been listening to often this last 3 weeks...and it does sound "more direct" now.

takes about a half hour, maybe a dollar in sheet copper , yes , I would do it again.

Thread Information