Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Who has ringing in the ears?

I am glad there are very few people that agree with you standpoint.

Many people (my self included) like to have a smoke, a drink, a beer, and like to go to concerts. Todays harassment of smokers has gone way out of proportions. Since smoking was prohibited inside restaurants and bars, I can count on one hand how many times I have been eating a good meal or having a beer in these places. It's not the same. And now you want to ban drinking to? Do that and the "black marked" will rise 1000%. Take a look at what happened in the US when drinking was prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    For someone that hates quiet you mean (dislike or hate)?

I don’t mind just as long its within safety human consumption limits for 8 hours enjoyment.

Rock concerts are criminal if they are not handing out free ear plugs after paying for ticket that is going to be hazardous to your hearing.

Listen to street level sound and walk around with SPL db meter its at most +90dba/c to +100dbc travelling on bus. Its odd coaches sound a lot quieter smoother for the long journey.

Clubs don’t have any treatments for acoustics so therefore the sound is reflective from the walls ceiling and floor at tasteless high SPL db peak levels that will have your ears ringing after playing Stud before a few brainless bimbos over a few lousy drinks.

I bet few night club owners would give a moments thought to room treatment acoustics to lower the shrilling high reflections. Because no one cares least the punters don’t and most have no clue as to what good sound is.

You might as well stay at home with affordable drinks and socialize, because even the night clubs still have stale cigarette sense in the air, even though its now been banned to smoke inside, it’s the smell of yuck foul alcohol that makes me.

I think drinking should also be banned because it contributes to misbalancing in the inner ear that is why one stumbles around like pillock after they close the night club.

They should only serve Cream Soda because it tastes nice and it’s even nicer with ice-cream.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    I am glad there are very few people that agree with you standpoint.

Many people (my self included) like to have a smoke, a drink, a beer, and like to go to concerts. Todays harassment of smokers has gone way out of proportions. Since smoking was prohibited inside restaurants and bars, I can count on one hand how many times I have been eating a good meal or having a beer in these places. It's not the same. And now you want to ban drinking to? Do that and the "black marked" will rise 1000%. Take a look at what happened in the US when drinking was prohibited.
    Yes I know the 1920’s Prohibition.

Drinking I think might be cause to hearing issues in noisy clubs pubs and PA live concerts, thou isn’t drinking normally prohibited on the site (only water or soft drinks is allowed).

I only appreciate people that drink moderately (this includes my dad) I detest alcoholics that abuse themselves, then again Coke Cola is bad drink and should also be banned, it rots your teeth!

As for the little, hissy little voice talking to me, today? It’s on the mild side at the moment.

Bournemouth Yellow Bus (423) had milder engine low end frequency noise. It’s the ones that have totally knackered engine that HUM so loud I’m sure it can cause hearing pressure issues when stepping off! It makes me feel dizzy I kidd you not.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I rest my case in discussion with you in this matter. Either you don't understand, or you don't want to understand. Why don't you move to a place where everything is perfect for you? Garden of Eden?

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Yes I know the 1920’s Prohibition.

Drinking I think might be cause to hearing issues in noisy clubs pubs and PA live concerts, thou isn’t drinking normally prohibited on the site (only water or soft drinks is allowed).

I only appreciate people that drink moderately (this includes my dad) I detest alcoholics that abuse themselves, then again Coke Cola is bad drink and should also be banned, it rots your teeth!

As for the little, hissy little voice talking to me, today? It’s on the mild side at the moment.

Bournemouth Yellow Bus (423) had milder engine low end frequency noise. It’s the ones that have totally knackered engine that HUM so loud I’m sure it can cause hearing pressure issues when stepping off! It makes me feel dizzy I kidd you not.

JBL 4645
    I rest my case in discussion with you in this matter. Either you don't understand, or you don't want to understand. Why don't you move to a place where everything is perfect for you? Garden of Eden?
    Rolf
    Mate I’m not being funny with you. It could be that (I’m, going senile) and as of late I’ve been forgetting or almost misplacing my debt card at shops, when I’m, told “don’t forget your card, sir.”

I’m still only young and in the last several years even my friends have noticed this and pointed it out from time to time.

So you can ignore me or just hope I don’t go off on some ludicrous rant.

I’m on my 8th can of Cream Soda since Thursday and as “Merry Poppins” would say. “A spoonful of sugar” will make you hyperactive, hyperactive, hyperactive, "in the most delightful way."

JBL 4645
    Another overlooked issue I’m not sure if I mentioned this before?

Noisy crowds! Often you’d hear screaming yelling and wolf-whistling and that can lead to tinnitus if you’re within a feet of them. Or you might be doing it yourself?

My friend did wolf-whistle a few months ago around his, home and I measured on several whistles close to 120dba in fact it almost bent the needle, from 7 feet away, in the living room. It bent my ears back I had to stick my fingers over my ears while looking down at the SPL db metre on my leg. Now then!

Plenty of noisy crowds at concerts can contribute to tinnitus not the band playing some 30 or more meters away from you, unless you’re asking for it by standing too close to the stage with +100db or more bashing you’re ears is not cool.

As for my condition today its mild a whooshy like sound no different no change to what it was when I noticed it around mid 70’s.

No, I have been very careful

In the 80's I was at a concert at a large venue for a Heart concert and ended up next to the main stack on the side of the stage. My ears started to ring 3 songs in. By the time the concert finished, my ears rang for a week afterwards. That scared me and I kept things reasonable since then. I also hardly ever use headphones which is a good thing because I always end up blasting them at high levels.

The biggest danger I face is driving. I drive a small convertible with a loud exhaust and road noise from the tires, so at 70 mph things are pretty loud. When I turn on the radio it has to be at a pretty high level for me to hear the music or speech. Not a big deal on short trips but on longer trips, like 3+ hours or so, my ears definitely ring. I listen at a way higher level than I ever do at home even when I crank the music. When I have measured with a db meter, I'm fine with music at around 75db. I'm going to try the sound meter in my car - my guess it's way higher than that.

Asa general comment, I'm pretty sure a whole lot of the ipod/mp3 player generation is going to have big hearing loss.

Good reply. I have similar experiences, except the car noise. Instead I had a bad laud experience from the time I was in "the force" shooting with AG3, 160db when fired, and with poor ear protection. I guess this, and later concerts with to high volume, and to high volume at home got me badder hearing, and Tinnitus.

Quote Originally Posted by moparfan View Post
    In the 80's I was at a concert at a large venue for a Heart concert and ended up next to the main stack on the side of the stage. My ears started to ring 3 songs in. By the time the concert finished, my ears rang for a week afterwards. That scared me and I kept things reasonable since then. I also hardly ever use headphones which is a good thing because I always end up blasting them at high levels.

The biggest danger I face is driving. I drive a small convertible with a loud exhaust and road noise from the tires, so at 70 mph things are pretty loud. When I turn on the radio it has to be at a pretty high level for me to hear the music or speech. Not a big deal on short trips but on longer trips, like 3+ hours or so, my ears definitely ring. I listen at a way higher level than I ever do at home even when I crank the music. When I have measured with a db meter, I'm fine with music at around 75db. I'm going to try the sound meter in my car - my guess it's way higher than that.

Asa general comment, I'm pretty sure a whole lot of the ipod/mp3 player generation is going to have big hearing loss.

JBL 4645

I’d say the vehicle sound pressure would be around the 85dbc to 90dbc thou with the exhaust that you mentioned I’d say more like +90db at moderate speed limit and on those freeway roads where you can go a bit faster and the faster you drive the louder so don’t be surprised if its near or just over 100db.

I measured the level on coach ride to London last year and it was a clam 80dbc on the lower end for the 2hour trip, dba was a lot less around +60dba. I’d say you’re car would be a lot higher in the dba range. You can’t ware ear plugs as you need to be aware if there’s emergency vehicle coming up from behind you, such as, like Fire, Ambulance, or the cops.

JBL 4645
    Good reply. I have similar experiences, except the car noise. Instead I had a bad laud experience from the time I was in "the force" shooting with AG3, 160db when fired, and with poor ear protection. I guess this, and later concerts with to high volume, and to high volume at home got me badder hearing, and Tinnitus.
    Maybe this will help then?

Gunfire Sound Levels
    http://www.freehearingtest.com/hia_gunfirenoise.shtml

I like reading the different SPL db ranges in the link. Guns side-arms have sharp sound, (that's why you ware ear defenders) not that Hollywood film mixing BS with wads of low end add to it, this is why cinema sound systems can’t reproduce real life sound its impossible!

The firearm that John McClane uses in Die Hard (1988) Beretta 92F wow the level it produces, no thanks if that was coming out the cinema speakers I’d be ducking for cover! That’s too damn loud!
    http://www.silencerresearch.com/9mm_...tol_trials.htm

Obsolete
    Here's a link I ran across today.

"Now we have 12-year-olds complaining of tinnitus. We never had that previously,"

Turn Off the Ringing Sound

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post

"Now we have 12-year-olds complaining of tinnitus. We never had that previously,"

hissing, whooshing

Is how it sounds with me since cared to noticed it around 10 or 11 years of age in mid 70’s.

You know when you set a threshold level at high gain to keep louder sounds softer any when softer sounds come along the level rises. Its like that if I cup my hands around my ears and simulate whosohy pinky white noise sounds with my mouth, it goes away for a short few minutes, but afterwards it returns. It slowly raises up and stays at the constant in-ear level.

I have it mild this afternoon in both ears, sometimes only left or right. I didn’t have it yesterday. Anyway I’m going to get catnap because when tinnitus comes it makes me feel depressed so a few hours catnap might help, maybe.

Interesting article. I will take it to my doctor.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post

First actually new thing I've seen on tinnitus.
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

JBL 4645
    Woke up with a mild hissy whooshy this, morning after a good 8 hours kip.

JBL 4645
    I think laughing kinder takes the edge of my mild tinnitus? I don’t know what chemical laughter does but seems when I have mild tinnitus, I try and think of something funny and outrageous that makes me chuckle and laugh and within moments the hissy like sound fades away?

I kinder noticed this weeks ago but didn’t give it any thought what so ever. I try and remind myself when I hear it to think of something funny or I can just watch The Naked Gun with guaranteed laughs.

So does anyone have an explanation for this?

Thread Information