Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Who has ringing in the ears?

Anybody tried Lippo Flavonoids or Tinni Fix?

I saw Lippo Flavonoids advertised on TV as a relief for tinnittus. Thought would try some if I could find it at a local nutrition store.

According to the search I just did, Lipo-Flavonoid is sold at Walmart and Walgreens.
    I'm going to Walmart to get some.
    Living in the Land of the Sun

...did someone say...answer the phone?

JBL 4645
    Yeah still got it! That whooshy wishy hissy like filtered narrow white noise in my middle ears! It comes and goes as it pleases LOL!

I was just talking to my dad, and he doesn’t have it. He’s listened to loud music and been to night clubs in the past, as well as using power tools and why doesn’t he have it?

It might be clear tomorrow then again it might clear up in 1hours time?

Ringing is also caused by diabetes or pre-diabetes. That's when my ringing started, at a point in time I was probably pre-diabetic.
    Living in the Land of the Sun

its also caused by chronic exposure to loud sounds....

which is how i acquired some tinnitus, more noticeable at some times than others. And a 30dB hearing loss in my right ear.

My first exposure to tinnitus? Can anyone else remember Emerson Lake and Palmer's Brain Salad Surgery tour . The arena was set up in quadraphonic in those pre 5.1 days in Big D>>>Dallas. We sat between the two rear banks facing the stage from the first set of sets off the floor; my ears rang for 5 days after.

However I pity the poor fool that hung onto one of the speaker banks (to our right) listening to the concert, his ears had to ring for months......

That concert was exceptionally loud.

But then again he was probably stoned to the bone....like others in the crowd were.

Can anyone else relate to that?

Can anyone say "What??>>I can't hear you!!"

BTW lipo-flavonoids will do nothing for most tinntius sufferers except lighten your pockets by 30.00 a bottle.
    Integra DHC80.1,3x 4636LF, 2360-2446J 2404H,12 x 8340 Surrounds, 2 x4645B, BGW 250D's,250E's,& 750B's 16 amps...7600 watts

So has anyone tried "Quietus"?

I don't have the curse to any bothersome degree so I never looked into this drug.

I don't know if its experimental or not, they seem to test a lot of drugs in Las Vegas.

I guess were known for testing stuff no one else wants to, at least we useta.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by jblsound View Post
    Ringing is also caused by diabetes or pre-diabetes. That's when my ringing started, at a point in time I was probably pre-diabetic.
    That’s interesting.

I’ve had mild if not very mild (less) hissy ringing sound for the past 3 days now. My mood let us say is cheery.

Isn’t sugar connected with the diabetes issue?

As long as I don’t hear day in and day out, I’m sound, cool.

I’ve been drinking cream soda for the since Friday I do a cream soda each weekend starting with Friday though to Sunday. I’m not sure if the drink is connected??

Ear plugs is much like humming while you have a head cold

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    when I play but playing sax and using ear plugs is much like humming while you have a head cold. It really distorts what I hear of myself playing. That's a bummer of a tradeoff. Cheers,David
    You can buy Professional Prescription ear defenders designed for musicians by skilled professional hearing physicians to significantly reduce the high sound presure levels and you can still hear the mid upper tones quite comfortablly, plus the lower frequency tones at safe sound pressure levels.

This highly recommended technology provides 15 db to 20 db attenuation in the spectrum below 6,000 hz. These things are wonderfull and you can still hear all the music with them.

Musicians expose themselves to incrediblly loud ear damaging sounds. What makes it worse is the extremely loud electronic amplication used on the job. You ask them them to turn doun the electronic volume, and most musicians simiply turn it up more. I believe they are using cheap drug store ear plugs. The reality is that in the old days, the sound presure level unaided by sound re-enforcing electronics was already ear-damaging loud.

Howdy

I've had tinnitus for over 15 years,
    and I know exactly when it started.
    Air tool to close to my right ear.

Stress and too much coffee makes it worse.

Listening to the wind through the trees is bliss.

JBL 4645
    This is why I’d never go to live rubbish PA concert.

It’s got the worst sound system ever made because its disrupted by morons that yell and scream all around (you) this adds up on the hearing loss many times greater than the sound system many meters away.

A night club has mild talking to yelling at someone because they are purposely standing near to a PA loudspeaker that is hung overhead.

Glasses clink and (shatter occasionally) I worked a glass collector in night club many moons ago and I had to stuff wet tissue paper in my ears to muffle down the NOISE! I think the night club was called “Clouds” that is no longer known under the name, due to management change over the years.

Also the hissy sound has come back on both sides this evening, where it was clam relaxed for some 3 days.

I feel slightly stressed today wound up, might be the fact I’ve drank my last “Ben Shaw’s” Cream Soda and I only do Cream Soda on Fridays and weekends only.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    This is why I’d never go to live rubbish PA concert.

It’s got the worst sound system ever made because its disrupted by morons that yell and scream all around (you) this adds up on the hearing loss many times greater than the sound system many meters away.
    Not all concerts are "live rubbish PA Concert" - but you'll never know because you apparently don't get out much!?

You don't like much of ANYTHING, now do ya?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Not all concerts are "live rubbish PA Concert" - but you'll never know because you apparently don't get out much!?

You don't like much of ANYTHING, now do ya?
    You got that right its too loud outside! I carry ear plugs with me, just in case the bus sounds lousy with 100db SPL level that drills though your (head my head). I don't know how most of the passengers can tolerate it.

I think the bus number was 523 or 525 I have the ticket around somewhere. It was TOO low and TOO loud! When I step off the bus it feels like the pressure makes me dizzy because of the sudden getting off it and the pressure outside is different more natural.

There are some newer Yellow Bournemouth buses being put into service that sound way, way quieter at least 20db less by listening to the sound of the engine even at the back where the engine is located.

I’ll try and remember to take the SPL db meter with tomorrow.

What did you say?

For what it's worth my ears started ringing in January 1971, I was 16 and scored a front row ticket for $6 to see Uriah Heep, Buddy Miles, and Deep Purple in concert at the Keil Auditorium in St. Louis and have lived with it for going on almost 40 years now and continued to build it on it for many more years. In other words I didn't know any better and obviously did not care, I hate quiet for some reason.

JBL 4645
    For someone that hates quiet you mean (dislike or hate)?

I don’t mind just as long its within safety human consumption limits for 8 hours enjoyment.

Rock concerts are criminal if they are not handing out free ear plugs after paying for ticket that is going to be hazardous to your hearing.

Listen to street level sound and walk around with SPL db meter its at most +90dba/c to +100dbc travelling on bus. Its odd coaches sound a lot quieter smoother for the long journey.

Clubs don’t have any treatments for acoustics so therefore the sound is reflective from the walls ceiling and floor at tasteless high SPL db peak levels that will have your ears ringing after playing Stud before a few brainless bimbos over a few lousy drinks.

I bet few night club owners would give a moments thought to room treatment acoustics to lower the shrilling high reflections. Because no one cares least the punters don’t and most have no clue as to what good sound is.

You might as well stay at home with affordable drinks and socialize, because even the night clubs still have stale cigarette sense in the air, even though its now been banned to smoke inside, it’s the smell of yuck foul alcohol that makes me.

I think drinking should also be banned because it contributes to misbalancing in the inner ear that is why one stumbles around like pillock after they close the night club.

They should only serve Cream Soda because it tastes nice and it’s even nicer with ice-cream.

Thread Information