Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family Portrait 1976

Family Portrait 1976

Family Portrait 1976
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Hey, SeaWolf,

That's a great shot!! Could you please tell me where I can download that one? I tried to take a "photo" of it here, but can't transfer that photo into my i-Photo program. Thanks for sharing it with us! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post
    Hey, SeaWolf,

That's a great shot!! Could you please tell me where I can download that one? I tried to take a "photo" of it here, but can't transfer that photo into my i-Photo program. Thanks for sharing it with us! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    get the real thing - for $18
    http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI....:B:WNA:US:1123
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Gee, I have 5 of those.

L36, L100 (4 pair), L65, L120, L300
    had L25,L36,L40,L120,L300,AquariusIV(2),S1,4408 have L65,L100,L222,DorianS12,B380

I tried to take a "photo" of it here, but can't transfer that photo into my i-Photo program.
    Mark,

Go to this link: http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/a...1&d=1221249036 (just a [ctrl] click "view image" on the photo above in this thread in Firefox). Then if you're using Firefox, simply hold down the [ctrl] key on your Mac (you are on a Mac, right?) while you click on the photo, then click on "save image as" then select "JPEG Picture" in the lower menu as the type of file and "desktop" as the "where". Then click "save", go to your desktop, open iPhoto and drag the file from your desktop into your library. Or I can send you one in an email.

Hey Donald

A good while ago I posted a query re the L120. There seems little info or pics of these anywhere. Hows about digging out your camera and post some up esp ones with the lid off. It just seems to me that these were an important part of the line up from that era and are somewhat forgotten these days.
    Thanks -- Mac

Mac,

Will do. Mine have one of the odd colors JBL offered for the cloth. It is yellow and is not as optically opaque as brown would be.

I could try some of the cloth mentioned here on the board and make some new covers but they would have a seam. JBL used sock making techniques for the L120 grill. It is a tube of material with no seams.
    had L25,L36,L40,L120,L300,AquariusIV(2),S1,4408 have L65,L100,L222,DorianS12,B380

heres another family portrait, very lifelike:

if you like ol'days ads and brochures, you GOTTA check this site out: http://wegavision.pytalhost.com/

Cool

You don't see many of those co-ax drivers about.

That's a pretty family, eh? The JBLs of the 70s were the most visually pleasing to me, and still are.

I can easily remember going into JBL dealers and experiencing the bright colors, the fresh look and smell of the wood, the sculpted shapes of the grilles, the perfect JBL badges--it was wonderful.

Of course all that faded with time. The grilles got dirty, faded, or disintegrated. The wood got darker and darker, while the smell changed from fresh wood to linseed oil and turpentine. The badges tarnished or disappeared.

It really is a great service by the real Foam Trends to give us back part of that legacy with the wonderful new grilles in foam.

My L100s with the new blue grilles still stand out among all the JBLs I own when it's time to take a picture.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    That's a pretty family, eh? The JBLs of the 70s were the most visually pleasing to me, and still are.

I can easily remember going into JBL dealers and experiencing the bright colors, the fresh look and smell of the wood, the sculpted shapes of the grilles, the perfect JBL badges--it was wonderful.

Get Foam Trends to make a recreation of the Flair Grille and put some of your Performance Series in them... great sound and aesthetics!

I agree with your appreciation of those beautiful designs... I was also quite taken recently by the new TS Series: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ad.php?t=22136

Widget
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Mark,

Go to this link: http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/a...1&d=1221249036 (just a [ctrl] click "view image" on the photo above in this thread in Firefox). Then if you're using Firefox, simply hold down the [ctrl] key on your Mac (you are on a Mac, right?) while you click on the photo, then click on "save image as" then select "JPEG Picture" in the lower menu as the type of file and "desktop" as the "where". Then click "save", go to your desktop, open iPhoto and drag the file from your desktop into your library. Or I can send you one in an email.
    Hey, BMWCC,

Yep, we're Mac Folks, and have been since the very first little 128K Mac, which we still have, by the way!! (We use it for a door stop, now, of course!

Thanks, very much, for the photo tips! I usually use Safari here at the house, but will use Firefox to give your suggestions a try! Again, many thanks, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

About 5 years ago I switched to a G4 dual 125 PowerMac here - and I'm a big fan of Firefox 3!

Hey, BMWCC,

Yep, we're Mac Folks, - We use it for a door stop, now, of course!

Thanks, very much, for the photo tips! I usually use Safari here at the house, but will use Firefox to give your suggestions a try! Again, many thanks, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Evening, Heather,

Cool!! I'll check that out. We dearly love our Macs, and have had more than a few of them since we got that first one, which I think was back in 1984, or so. Great machines, and very reliable.... sort of like the old Classic JBL's, eh??!! I'm off to bed. Thanks for the recommendation for FF3. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    and I'm a big fan of Firefox 3!
    ...and it's free!

I also fire up OmniWeb from time to time.
    Out.

Thread Information