Thread: Altec Flamenco 848A Speaker Info

Altec Flamenco 848A Speaker Info

I was curious about the value of my fathers altec speakers. After some research on the net I am pretty sure they are Flamenco 848A speakers. I actually remeber when he bought them when I was a kid. They were bought in 1971 in St. Louis. These speakers perfect in every way and never been worked on at all. We did crank up the volume when I was a teenager though and these speakers were amazing. I know they are collectible. We were curious if anyone had an opinion about there value. They really are a 10 condition. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emd244w View Post
    I was curious about the value of my fathers altec speakers. After some research on the net I am pretty sure they are Flamenco 848A speakers. I actually remeber when he bought them when I was a kid. They were bought in 1971 in St. Louis. These speakers perfect in every way and never been worked on at all. We did crank up the volume when I was a teenager though and these speakers were amazing. I know they are collectible. We were curious if anyone had an opinion about there value. They really are a 10 condition. Thanks
    The market for old used speakers varies a lot from week to week.
    The real answer is - they are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them.

Lots of folks post their for sale items on Audiogon or ebay.

Take nice pictures, if you have the original receipts and manuals and boxes, that helps a lot. You need to find a real collector to get top dollar for them. A lot of that is based on your initial presentation. Take real good pictures and document the heck out of them.

And frankly, some speaker models have better history and are just more desirable than others.

Good luck!

And if you were looking for an actual price quote - go see what's selling on ebay

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...altec+flamenco
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    The market for old used speakers varies a lot from week to week.
    The real answer is - they are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them.

Lots of folks post their for sale items on Audiogon or ebay.

Take nice pictures, if you have the original receipts and manuals and boxes, that helps a lot. You need to find a real collector to get top dollar for them. A lot of that is based on your initial presentation. Take real good pictures and document the heck out of them.

And frankly, some speaker models have better history and are just more desirable than others.

Good luck!

And if you were looking for an actual price quote - go see what's selling on ebay

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...altec+flamenco
    Don't forget to put a large reserve on them ....so they don't just slip away.........

Thread Information