Thread: Future buy?

Future buy?

Greetings, Friends,

I have been thinking "beyond" my upcoming JBL project, and thinking that, someday, I'd like to have a pair of studio monitors for use elsewhere in the house. I'm thinking about the 12" three-way systems from yesteryear. I already own one (yep, a single cabinet) JBL 4312A, which I found at a swap meet for $20, if I recall correctly. Here's my question: Should I -

- buy another 4312A, and fix up the one I currently own? (cabinet is in need of much help, and the woofer can stand a recone, even though it works very well. Cone is spit, and repaired with glue, or something....)

- save some coin and buy a nice pair of L112's?

- save some coin and buy a nice pair of 4412's?

- save some coin and buy a nice pair of L65's?

- save some coin and buy a nice pair of (fill in the blank with your choice of the best JBL system of this type)?

Thanks, very much, for any and all comments, ideas, or suggestions you might care fo send my way. None of this will happen before I get my 4333 project finished, however! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    Last edited by Doc Mark; 08-01-2008 at 07:43 PM. Reason: forgot one.....
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post
    Greetings, Friends,

I have been thinking "beyond" my upcoming JBL project, and thinking that, someday, I'd like to have a pair of studio monitors for use elsewhere in the house. I'm thinking about the 12" three-way systems from yesteryear. I already own one (yep, a single cabinet) JBL 4312A, which I found at a swap meet for $20, if I recall correctly. Here's my question: Should I -

- buy another 4312A, and fix up the one I currently own? (cabinet is in need of much help, and the woofer can stand a recone, even though it works very well. Cone is spit, and repaired with glue, or something....)

- save some coin and buy a nice pair of L112's?

- save some coin and buy a nice pair of 4412's?

- save some coin and buy a nice pair of L65's?

- save some coin and buy a nice pair of (fill in the blank with your choice of the best JBL system of this type)?

Thanks, very much, for any and all comments, ideas, or suggestions you might care fo send my way. None of this will happen before I get my 4333 project finished, however! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    If you want to "kick the tire" and listen to a set of L112s before you buy, you are welcome to come by and do some listening to mine. Woofers were just re-edged by OCS last year (on the right side).

Can A/B them to the L200 cabinets if you like.

Good Morning, Todd,

Thanks, very much, for that kind offer to A/B your L112's! I will certainly take you up on it. That is the speaker towards which I am leaning in this decision, mainly because of all the stellar reviews that it garnered in the Audio Press, many years ago. Seems that they have nothing but praise for it, and that rather got my attention. Thanks, again, for the offer, and Sweet Bride and I will look forward to seeing you and Linda, Grumpy, and Mech 986, next Saturday, for our lunch meeting! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Hi Mark,

Would a pair of Black 4312C's in the box be of some use to you?

Let me know.

Bart
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Quote Originally Posted by mech986 View Post
    Hi Mark,

Would a pair of Black 4312C's in the box be of some use to you?

Let me know.

Bart
    Hey, Bart,

PM sent. See you next Saturday! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

Thread Information