Thread: Friday the 13th + good fortune!

Friday the 13th + good fortune!

Greetings, Lads,

Yesterday, whilst perusing the offerings of a Thrift Store in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, I found a pair of Dynaco stereo speakers (2- way 10" and tweeter) for $1.50 each!! Total price, out the door, was $3.25!!! These were made in Denmark, and I have no idea if they are DOA, or not. But, the wonderful walnut veneered cabinets were well worth that pocket change!! More later. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Sounds like you may have stumbled onto a pair of Dynaco A25s. These are still desirable. They are not the high sensitivity dynamic sort of thing that this Lansing crowd goes for, but they have a smooth sound with an extended low end and a pretty decent tweeter too.

Widget
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Greetings, Mr. Widget, and All,

We're finally back home, once again, after a total drive of 4,873 miles!! The price of gasoline made that work trip a very expensive one, but we did well and in the end, it was worth making the trip!

Mr. Widget, I believe that what I ended up buying were the A35's. The cabinets are bigger than the A25's, and supposedly, they have a tighter, better bass, with a cleaner, more open midrange. Since I didn't even know if they would work, I actually bought them for the very nice walnut veneered cabinets. Thought that, if they were DOA, I could remove the transducers and redo the cabinet, with a JBL 10, 2420 driver/horn/lense assembly, and 2405 slot tweeter!

However, as soon as I unloaded them, and got them upstairs, I hooked them up. (Not before dropping one on the hardwood floor, much to the consternation of Sweet Bride! Thought I'd killed it for sure, but......) After my "accident", I hooked them up, and wonder of wonders, they worked!! And, they worked very well, at that!! The sound is very smooth across the entire spectrum, and easy listening, with no forwardness to it, and no irritating shrillness at all. I'm very pleased, especially for a total outlay of just $3.25!!!

So, I guess I'll keep them as they are, and use them as speakers is a small system, somewhere...... They are too nice to dump, and I like the fact that they are "historically significant", to those of us who like loudspeakers! Sweet Bride even likes them, too, which, though it doesn't make up for the new "dent" in our hardwood floor, does make it a little easier to keep them around! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Thread Information