Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: frankensteins monitors

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    stereophonic, of course!
    Well I see no reason for concern unless you missed a few paragraphs in the user’s manual? It’s not well written I had to read it over a few times and I often give it a re-read its my holy bible so to speak, don’t leave home without.

If you got really stuck Behringer has an online replay where you can quiz them on an issue that your having with it, and you’ll get a response within 48 hours.

Behringer DCX2496 look for support its middle of the page at the top marked in black bold letters!
    http://www.behringer.co.uk/DCX2496/index.cfm?lang=ENG

freak out

hey!

well, im really glad i found the mighty, and let me say this: very sexy, 236o, and for a reasonable price. not really cheap, but its okay. it will be a nice journey to berlin soon, and im very much looking forward to it.
    and yes, i cant wait to see pictures too! ... worried,
    mikey
    Hello mikey,

I've got the 2360 - without the A. The latter is a second version in a single piece instead of two that is mouth & throat.

It was hard to transport even the older version. Be aware of these being very big and quite unhandy even for a station waggon. They are heavy too.

The beasts do not offer a F_cutoff that is proportional to size compared to e/g 2380 or EVs HP940. Cut off is still the common 500Hz, maybe 400Hz. The major benefit would be +6dB in efficiency between 500Hz and 1kHz compared to smaller waveguides. That's the deal for pros - a quater of amping needed for the same level. Further more directivity is maintained vertically from 500Hz on. That's for pros again. You don't need it at home. Early reflections come into account as low as 200Hz with constructive interference as to say "bumps". These will - as You already might have detected Yourself - easily lead to colouration of female voices and/or loss of articulation. To prevent from that use double bass/mid a la D'Appolito around a smaller horn.

On the other hand, You can't show more phoney than with these that You are eager for zound. Somebody near Ulm/Germany recently had to sell at least two complete sets 2x2226/2360/2445. As far as I know he didn't succeed with his offer around 500 bucks/pc. Have a look @ german electrobay (it's not me).

Have fun!

thanks for the input mini!
    im buying them anyway, just for the hell of it. i got a nice price, and if they will not join the setup in the end they will go to someone else to try them out (if treated well).
    if i didnt mention it already, im not building a "smart" rig here. im merely playing with beautiful toys and have a good time doing it.
    2" comp. driving isnt necesarry in a small flat-room like mine, and it isnt even very clever.
    anyway it feels good doing it.
    so..!

but what worries me quite a bit now, is what you said about the size of the car:
    i plan to drive a vw golf and lay down the backseats, leaving only the front seats.
    coming in two pieces, the horn will fit in, will it?
    i dont wont to leave without the horns..!:shock:

about ebay:
    ive been searching for months now, but i didnt find a single 236o (worldwide). interesting, i dont even find the auction that pos linked yesterday when im doing a search for it on my own. ebay is just playing tricks on me.
    so -i didnt find the seller you mentioned either.

(but no problem, because i got my horns already waiting) (strike!) (hope the car is big enough) (scared!)

cheers,
    mikey

i know how big the horns are, but im not sure about the real size of the car -it will be rented just for the gig.
    i think that not the lenght, but the height could be the problem. sheeeeeoot!!

question:
    does anyone know for sure that the horns will fit into to golf?
    anyone, by any chance, ever acually tried it?

cheers, and "jesus!"
    mikey

about ebay:
    ive been searching for months now, but i didnt find a single 236o (worldwide). interesting, i dont even find the auction that pos linked yesterday when im doing a search for it on my own. ebay is just playing tricks on me.
    so -i didnt find the seller you mentioned either.
    You have to search specifically on ebay.de. If the seller does not specify that he wants to ship in your country you will not be able to find it with ebay.at

ok i understand. and voilà! ive found the horn.
    thanks!

i changed the car into a station wagon now.
    the car rent is kinda crazy, i suggested the lady on the phone to switch to a peugeot 4o8, she mumbled, and in my mail i see its only the 3o8.
    call again, now they are closed.
    sigh.
    is this getting complicated?
    tomorrow i will get me a big car.
    with big wheels. huge motor, golden rims, trailer, cupholders, you name it.

cheers,
    mikey

station wagon

i changed the car into a station wagon now.
    Hi,

I picked up two of 2360s (no A) with an OPEL Astra 2 doors "fastback". But it didn't fit to easy. If Yours are the newer with "A"-suffix it would be hard - I don't know. Wouldn't it be useful to try it with a rough model first?

Good luck

beg Your pardon

Quote Originally Posted by mini View Post
    Hi,

I picked up two of 2360s (no A) with an OPEL Astra 2 doors "fastback". But it didn't fit to easy. If Yours are the newer with "A"-suffix it would be hard - I don't know. Wouldn't it be useful to try it with a rough model first?

Good luck
    Sorry,

I mixed it all up. The "A" is with separable throat/bell assembly. As anybody - excluding me - may learn from the specs @ jblpro. To bad.

Sorry

thanks mini.
    as far as im informed, i get the two-piece-variants.
    the little station wagon has to do it. it will do it (may my co-driver take the train).
    --------------------------------
    yesterday i set up the machine again, little different then before: parts all the same (2405-2380/2450-2206) but the horn a little lower to the ear (top edge is on ear-height) and the tweeter as close as possible to it, heightwise. distances are the same as they've been before (time alligned).

*sigh*

i missed you, little beast. little itsy-bitsy-machine-beast.
    hard (ass-) kicking, tender (ear-) licking.
    that said, mentally im all set up for the big horns now.
    may they come!

and the subs, too, the big experiment.

cheers,
    mikey

Cool

hey im back.
    got the horns!
    have issues though...i will open a thread later.
    ------------
    my god they are HUUUUUUGE.
    huge butts, i mean

driving was hell though. lotsa lotsa snow and slippery...im really finished now.

cheers,
    mikey

They are MASSIVE - Yooooouge!!!

So - have you gotten a kitten yet?
    Looks like they could actually LIVE in those huge things!

and they fit in your CAR??

hey im back.
    got the horns!
    have issuses though...i will open a thread later.
    ------------
    my god the are HUUUUUUGE.
    huge butts, i mean

driving was hell though. lotsa lotsa snow and slippery...
    I'm really finished now.

cheers,
    mikey
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

no kitty...not even a kiddy.
    i had rats when i was younger, sometimes im still dreaming of them -astonishing creatures. so smart and agile. but no pets anymore, my household is to small for even me now. and the time...

actually, it was no problem at all. i rented this:

and i didnt even had to lay down the backseats.
    the car is nice -the rooftop is all made of glass!
    (unfortunatly it was covered with snow all the way)

im looking forward to try out the horns. hope i can use them down 5ooHz. tomorrow i will try to find the time.

mikey

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    They are MASSIVE - Yooooouge!!!

So - have you gotten a kitten yet?
    Looks like they could actually LIVE in those huge things!

A better reference for their size. This pair, complete with 2445Js, went to a LH member in Las Vegas and he took them in back of a pickup. Linda really liked them and was even willing to live with them sitting on the floor as shown in the picture. (Her idea, not mine!)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by toddalin View Post
    i remember this picture. you said (wrote) something like "they fill out the room rather nicely" --seeing and reading that all my body hairs stood up. and i thougt: "i DO need these horns!!!"

and that was it.
    so.....thanks?!

cheers,
    mikey

Talking horns of darkness

ok, so i connected these new horns i got recently, dont know if i told you...

just look!!!

the picture is loosely called "the horn of darkness of the prince of darkness in the darkness of the room of the prince of darkness, the horn of darkness"

i didnt set anything yet, like groupdelay or even EQ, i just took the driver from the old horn and hooked it to the new one. and it sounds so good.
    IT SOUNDS SO GOOD!

this is a neat forum, i dont dare to use bad language here, but SH!!!!!!!!T is this horn amazing!!!

what does it do? why does it do it?? i didnt expect a change like this in the sound! my, its everywhere! the sound is all around, and so clear, and so crisp.
    nearly like a bose system!
    oh wait, no, forget the bose one. looks like im a bit JAZZED.
    better lay off these horns.
    get a decent bose...

sorry for beeing stupid.
    but im totally floored, you know?

am!

a!

zing!

yours, mikey

Thread Information