Thread: Need info- Capehart console AM/FM stereo receiver (SE EL84)

Need info- Capehart console AM/FM stereo receiver (SE EL84)

Got an interesting Capehart stereo receiver from a console. Console itself was trashed beyond belief (parts of the wood actually MISSING from water damage!

Couldn't get any info from the back of the cabinet (no labels), but the receiver itself is a single-ended stereo EL84/6BQ5. I don't know if I remember all the tubes off hand, but I KNOW it at least had the following:

3x 6AU6
    2x 12AX7 (audio preamp?)
    12AT7 and 6U8 (FM tuner section)
    6AL5

I THINK there was also a 6BA6 in there, but don't quote me on that.

It's got two-gang AM and FM separate tuners (was made at the transition between "simulcast AM-FM stereo and FM multiplex, as it has both), with separate tuning controls for each. Also has a pair of tape input RCA jacks on the back and a tape input setting on the source selector.

Here's a rough sketch of the chassis layout, as seen from the top. Mind you, I don't think I remember everything (there may have been another tube and/or other IF cans) and my locations might be a little off, but this is pretty close.

Anyone got any info on this, especially a schematic and/or FM alignment instructions? It works, but it's obviously way off in FM alignment (can get stations, but they're slightly distorted and audio level is weak on weak stations)...

Thanks!

Regards,
    Gordon.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Found the model number!

It's a 12DM05-6, with a number I believe to be a date code: 030661

Help, anyone?

Thanks...

Regards,
    Gordon.

Thread Information