Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "The worlds greatest museum"

Last saturday I finally had the chance to take a look at this fantastic collection

I was expecting a lot of people but we were more or less alone So we had all the time we wanted...

The first speaker was the gigantic D55000, it was much HUGE! The opposite can be said about K2 S9500 which were much smaller than expected.... but I was kind of sad when he said that the S9500 have never been used, not a single song!! The same thing was for the S3100...

But most speakers are used and not all are mint, i.e. the Paragon had quite a bit of scratches and one big wound. But it have quite a history, the first years it was placed in the white House

As Rolf already have documented, most "important" JBL are present, Hartsfield, Paragon, Metrogon, Minigon, K2s, E2, Olympus, 250ti, 4350 and the lists goes on.... but he's still missing a few, among other Aquarius 3, so they are interested in getting a nice pair

The only playing system at the moment was this one, McIntosh MC2301, MC1201 and of course E2

Name:  Neby.JPG
Views: 3921
Size:  328.5 KB

Did you get to listen to the system? Any good?

I would love to try out the Marantz T-1 monoblocks in the bacground.......

-Tim
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    Did you get to listen to the system? Any good?

I would love to try out the Marantz T-1 monoblocks in the bacground.......

-Tim
    As you know I have heard the system. It doesn't sound bad, but as the room is concrete, it sounds a little to "hard". Also at the time I heard it the system was brand new, not played in. The E2 wasn't adjusted, so I hope I can get the E2 home to really see what they can do.

Rolf: Do you know Erling personally? As far as I understood he also have a pair of E2 at home so maybe you can get a better impression there?

Tim: I didn't get very much impression of how it sounded. They were playing music I normally don't listen to and the volume was also very moderate.

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Rolf: Do you know Erling personally? As far as I understood he also have a pair of E2 at home so maybe you can get a better impression there?

Tim: I didn't get very much impression of how it sounded. They were playing music I normally don't listen to and the volume was also very moderate.
    Yes, I know him personally, but he has never told me what system he uses himself, and I have never been at his home.

I am going to talk to Erling in late October (about DAB Model 10+) and I can ask him ... can't guarantee he will answer about what he has for private. Private means private you know.

I know that he used to have K2 S9800 on Pass Labs X-1000 at home. This is a few years ago.

The sound was supposedly not very good since he had very hard walls, wich resulted in quite poor acoustical conditions.
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

New visit to Neby Hi-Fi Museum, Oslo
    (Thread started by Rolf, but new images)

Link

That is amazing what is in there!
    XPL 200's w DX1, XPL 160's, XPL 140's, L7's, L5's, L3's, L1's Homemade L Center, 4412's, 4406, L60T's, L20T's

That's an amazing exhibit. I'd love to get to see it in person at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    New visit to Neby Hi-Fi Museum, Oslo
    (Thread started by Rolf, but new images)

Link
    Looks like that link is broken now, Odd!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thanks Heather.

New link
    43XX (2235-2123-2450-2405-CC 3155)5235-4412-4406-4401-L250-18Ti-L40-S109 Aquarius lV-C38 (030) 305P MkII

Thread Information