Thread: Source for boxes

FredEmmerich

Source for boxes

Anybody know of a place where I can get boxes made for my JBLs? My original set of L96's I bought new. I had a roommate that threw all my stereo boxes away so these speakers are naked. I also have a set of 4312 and some 4425, all about the same size. I have gone to some of the local shipping places (Dallas) but they don't have boxes sturdy enough at that size and can't provide proper padding on the inside. I was wondering if there was a place to get some made and I figured you guys might know.

I will probably sell the L96 and 4312 and having boxes obviously helps. I am using them in a HT setup but I am considering getting a set of 4 S38's instead since they are much smaller. I'm not a zealot on the HT side of things. My 2 channel setup I have 250ti and have used the 4425's and they leave the L96 and 4312 behind.

thanks
    Fred

L96 ought to fit inside here with styrofoam sheet (insulation) from your local home improvement center.
    Let me know when you've got 'em packed and I'll send my address

FredEmmerich
    I guess I can try and find some block styrofoam and carve it to the proper shape for the end pieces.

RIP 2009
    Places like Home Depot sell 4' x 8' styrofoam insulatation sheets in thicknesses from 1/2" up to 2". Much cheaper than going to some place that sells styrofoam blocks for hobbies, etc. And don't forget to take a look at the "packing" thread: http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...ad.php?t=10246

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    Places like Home Depot sell 4' x 8' styrofoam insulatation sheet...

Some construction supply places sell it even thicker. Don't buy your boxes at Home Depot though. Their moving and storage boxes are very substandard.

Widget

Thread Information