Thread: Buying Stuff from usa ..... Yes !

Talking Buying Stuff from usa ..... Yes !

Hello

I just wanted to say that I mostly buy my stuff from Usa :

Amplifier and preamplifier .

Reason :

The product are very well done and at very good price ( better than in europe ) and most of all the support is really 5 star from most of the source I had and I do not believe I can have the same kind of support in Chian or Europe . When you buy Hi end product I believe you really need support some times .

I have products from :

Ava ( Van alstine) : Franck Van alstine makes very affordable product for a very high quality . the support is very professionnlal ( I have a T8 tube preamplifier ) .

Audio Mirror : Vlad give also a godd support and is very helpful ( 60 watts tube amplifier )

Mapletree : the tube preamplifier Ultra 4 A is a very nice product also and also very affrodable with a nice phono section .

So even if I am French I would say by in USA you would not regret it !

Gerard

But how are the shipping and customs charges?

Ava ( Van alstine) : Franck Van alstine makes very affordable product for a very high quality . the support is very professionnlal ( I have a T8 tube preamplifier ) .
    I visited Frank Van Alstine once (over 30 years ago) when he operated out of his home in Burnsville, MN (now Woodbury, MN). So far as I know, he still does. I recall that I didn't like the man but I don't recall why. Maybe it was because I hadn't been in high-end audio for very long and I was probably overwhelmed.

Shipping is Ok and custom charge can be managed as it is for your own used.

I recently upgrade my T8 preamplifier ( new 6n1p tubes and somes change of resistor and patch on the motherboard ) .

Franck was very nice ( and I only bought one product form him ) . As it was difficult for me to send back the Pre in Usa et sent me the parts for a very low price , a drawing for the upgrade and assist me by mail .

Can you ask more ? .

By the way , the T8 upgrade makes it a very very nice preamp even if it was a nice one before . I can only recommend it .

Gerard

2 package containing 2235h recone kits sliced thru customs without notice, seperate boxes with 1 day difference.. 2344-s still locked up

Quote Originally Posted by readswift View Post
    2 package containing 2235h recone kits sliced thru customs without notice, seperate boxes with 1 day difference.. 2344-s still locked up
    Must be that restriction on high-technology exports!

Thread Information