Hi! First post here! My name is Jonas, I live in sweden and work as an FOH mixer.
I have a pair of JBL 4406 monitors at home which i use to mix music i record in my home studio.

I recently thought about modding the crossover with better components, but im having problems finding the right values for it.

The original 4406 crossover uses a 3uf mylar film cap, and one 6uf mylar film cap bypassed with what looks to be 0.01uf film caps (polystyrene caps perhaps?)

I was thinking of replacing the 3uf, and 6uf caps with better ones. But problem is that i cant find any of those exact values.

For the 3uf that isnt really a problem, as i can parallel two 1.5uf caps. But for the 6uf cap i cant find two values of caps that i can buy that combined would make for a 6uf in total.

So im wondering, how critical is the exact value of this cap in this application? Can i get away with 6.2uf which is the closest i can get using whats available here to me (4,7uf+1,5uf)? Or do i have to search harder for caps that would fit the bill?

What would you recommend for bypass caps. 10n polystyrene, or 10n polypropylene?

Thanks alot for any insight! I tried searching the forums, but i couldnt find much info about modding the 4406 speakers.

Have a nice day!
/jonas