View Poll Results: What model JBL 250, do you own?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • JBL 250

14 26.42%
  • JBL 250

22 41.51%
  • JBL 250TI Jubilee

19 35.85%
  • Are you the original owner?

6 11.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The JBL 250, 250TI, & 250TI Jubilee Club

Post The JBL 250, 250TI, & 250TI Jubilee Club

Hey, why not have a club?

The guys who own the 4345's, do!

Potential benefits of forming a club; sharing technical help, upgrades and the opportunity to communicate with other JBL 250 owners.

So for those members who are currently owners you may wish to register you interest.

This club will remain exclusive to the 250 owners or those currently in the process of building the 250 to JBL specifications.

Through this thread, I look forward to meeting fellow audio heritage members who own these wonderful speakers.

Thank you once again - Greg Timbers, for creating such marvelous speakers!

Below, are my beloved JBL 250TI speakers -- matched with a Nakamichi CA-5AII Pre-Amp & Nakamichi PA-5 Amplifier. My music source: Ipod (over 2K songs, currently in inventory).

The poll is designed for an easy and quick identification on who ones what version of the 250. Just thought owners could come together in one thread instead of rummaging through the countless of threads on this site.

Hope this thread finds us well and wish that we all take away something.

-Storm.

Attached Images Attached Images      

I just noticed that the poll has two JBL 250s. The second one down will be JBL 250TI.

I tried revising, to no success. If any moderator wants to change it and then delete this post, that is fine with me.

Sorry for any confusion.

Thank you.

-Storm.

How many of us own toothbrushes?

Why not a toothbrush owners club?

Someone help put together the poll, please.

Quote Originally Posted by jackgiff View Post
    Why not a toothbrush owners club?

Someone help put together the poll, please.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

I own other JBLs and even other speakers I am happy reading and posting in the public. Most of what is about the 250s is applicable to the rest of the series too.

You can start a thread the way HJ did about her speakers keeeping facts only. You can start you can stat your own web site on them if you like. I am happy you trying to keep your 250 comments in your own threads

Mark

Storm good idea,bad idea. Good idea that you took the initiative to consider this and bad idea as the 250ti's are ever so relevant in all the other thread's.

IMHO the 250ti's should be left in the open forum as they are referenced quite often, compared to even more,and a classic in it's own right.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
    Storm good idea,bad idea. Good idea that you took the initiative to consider this and bad idea as the 250ti's are ever so relevant in all the other thread's.

IMHO the 250ti's should be left in the open forum as they are referenced quite often, compared to even more,and a classic in it's own right.
    My humble opinion - it IS a good idea. That shouldn't stop you from talking about them in the open.

I think its a great idea to build a 250s reference thread that talks about the different models of the 250, quotes the Greg Timbers post where he spoke about them, and add in some images and text about what makes them great. Fact driven stuff, not just opinion.

I thought about doing that myself but I just didn't feel comfortable talking them up without having hands on experience and a pair I could open up for pictures. Frankly, I don't own a pair and don't know as much about them as I'd want to, other than the fact that they are one of JBLs top rated models.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I thought it was a good idea -- especially because I took it from this thread, started by Ian Mackenzie.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...highlight=4345

Just trying to gather information on the 250 line all in one place.

Sorry if I failed.

-Storm.

Please don't remind me.

You have a nice setup and what I think would be nice is L250 experiences thread and from there you can gather a bunch of information and images forum members for a reference thread

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I thought it was a good idea -- especially because I took it from this thread, started by Ian Mackenzie.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...highlight=4345

Just trying to gather information on the 250 line all in one place.

Sorry if I failed.

-Storm.
    Storm, it's only been a day. Some threads take a while to get going, and some never do. You can only post and see what happens.

Some of my threads die after a few posts and some go on for a very long time. I don't take it personally either way.

If a few guys get a little shitty, I just let it rest for a while, then come back to see if there's any residual interest. Sometimes there is and sometimes there isn't.

Posting something here is not the same as speaking direct to someone and having them look you in the face and ignore you. You just need to wait until the right responder comes along and try to engage that type of person. Ignore the rest.

(I try to do that, though not always successfully. Some guys are just... well, I won't let it go there.)

-----------

I guess I consider my L250s, which I got at a fair price, to be fine speakers, but not outstadning by today's standards. The 044-1 tweeters are OK, and that's it. The 108H and LE14H-1 drivers are really nice and still can hold their own. The LE5-11 mid is dated for sure, but still performs well.

I think the 250Ti is a marked improvement. Someday my intention is to upgrade these L250s beyond the 250Ti, and I'm sort of waiting on JBLnsince1959 to get his ass in gear so I can profit from his experience.

Here's a comparison of the tall L250 with an SV1800 to the left, and an L7, L5, and L3 to the right.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yeah, why not. There seems to be a lot of interest in that particular model as it is getting semi-vintage now I guess.

I am interested in how many owners of the 250 series are on the forum. It's hard to tell really. I have been posting various bits and pieces about my L250 and 250Ti experiences but it tends to get lost unless you are prepared to do some hard searches.

My point, exactly.

-Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Andyoz View Post
    Yeah, why not. There seems to be a lot of interest in that particular model as it is getting semi-vintage now I guess.

I am interested in how many owners of the 250 series are on the forum. It's hard to tell really. I have been posting various bits and pieces about my L250 and 250Ti experiences but it tends to get lost unless you are prepared to do some hard searches.

Seeing as though the 4345 and 250 series have been mentioned in this thread, here's a link to a post by Greg Timbers where he discusses both systems http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...5&postcount=27

The bit about the 250's reads:

"...Before closing I should comment briefly about the 250 - 4345 comparison. Simply put, I prefer a 250. I like the bass quality of the LE14 woofer. Alway have and always will. The 2245 when used as a dedicated sub is one of the best sounding woofers ever. It has an amazing blend of speed, pitch and punch. So does the 14" but the 18" is better. Unfortunately the 18" dislike for passive networks hurts it more than the 14" is hurt by a passive network. I think the mid and high range on the 250 is smoother and much more open however the 4345 wins by a bunch in terms of effortless dynamic sound. I have made all of the above changes to 250 systems (except for separate amp on UHF) and the improvement is huge. I have not done so on the 4345 but I suspect that that system will benefit from theses changes more than a 250 would. If both systems were tweaked out to about the same level, I suspect it would be very hard to come up with a clear overall winner, but I think I might lean towards the 4345 as having the greater potential."

I still don't see a need for a "club", organized info is alway good but a club??? Secret hand shakes? Tshirts? being special because you bought something?

Again, I like Heather's thread as a way of collecting the data.

There has been a lot more bandwidth recently about these due to 1) new ownership,and 2) availability of parts and fluctuating prices IMHO

Andy,

Based on that info I would wonder if I should biamp with active XO(tibg XO can do that the original XO can't)?

Mark

Storm,

I like the prints on the rear wall.

Ian

Thread Information