Ever wondered about the evolution of magnet structures for loudspeakers? How about diaphragm production techniques?

Got an original idea you'd like to retire on and want to ensure no one has beat you to it?

Wanna step into a time machine of technology?

Been posting too much nonsense, and need something different to do?

If you answered Yes to any of that rot, you may qualify as a patent surfer.

Some of you have been doing this for some time. You can share your favorite "finds" here.

For newbs, I've collected some info here to help you get started. Other tips and hints are welcomed. I've not yet ventured into International waters, so what I'm posting (may be) limited to US patents.

Just about when you think you've had a wazoo-full of "prior art" and never-ending drawing descriptions, you'll come across something so hilariously ridiculous you'll just have to look at more.

Let's try to stay on Lansing-related products, unless the dialog warrants something else appropriate. I'll start with a list of Altec patents I've found so far. Should be pretty easy to assemble a complete listing of Lansing Heritage product patents in a short time.

I hope this thread becomes something of merit and useful to those interested in such things. If that should be the case, I reserve the right (and accept the responsibility) for creating an organized, condensed version for the Lansing Heritage record. (if desired)

Keep it between the ditches!