Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woo Hoo!! Proud new owner of a pr. of 4435's

Woo Hoo!! Proud new owner of a pr. of 4435's

Just won myself a pair of 4435's off e-bay. Hopefully will pick them up this Sunday. I plan on doing a restoration on these bad boys. Also I am not sure if the switch for the external or internal crossover are inside or not (missing in the pics ) so if they're not there may need members help locating some for these....

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I got them for $535.00....

Will post pics of them when I get them home and start rebuilding...

well, here's hoping for the best regarding what you find inside & the state of the drivers!
    -grumpy

Seller stated everything works, but you know how that goes. heres the link to them..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3929&rd=1&rd=1

Hey the pictures look crappy but the price sounds good. I am in Charlotte right now, nice and warm mid 70,s Too bad I am leaving in 30 min's as I am headed up I-77 on my way up to the great white north.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Hey the pictures look crappy but the price sounds good. I am in Charlotte right now, nice and warm mid 70,s Too bad I am leaving in 30 min's as I am headed up I-77 on my way up to the great white north.
    If your coming up 77 you will pass right thru here, I live in Wytheville on I77 & I81 running together..

Yes I know. I read your location and saw the ebay auction location as well. Are you paying cash on pick up? I have a pair and am not sure how the bi-amp switch can fall inwards? Make sure you check them out for sound but at that price? It's still not a loss. I could help you with grills if need be.

Yes I know. I read your location and saw the ebay auction location as well. Are you paying cash on pick up? I have a pair and am not sure how the bi-amp switch can fall inwards? Make sure you check them out for sound but at that price? It's still not a loss. I could help you with grills if need be.

Yeah will be paying cash, but will want to hear them first. Not sure on the switch either, but I am sure someone here on the forum will be able to help. Drive safe, alot of crazies out there..

Quote Originally Posted by fotodan View Post
    Yeah will be paying cash, but will want to hear them first. Not sure on the switch either, but I am sure someone here on the forum will be able to help. Drive safe, alot of crazies out there..
    Check the insides before you crank them ,in case someone rewired the internals. Just make sure all voice coils are good and take them. At that price you have a lot of options.

As far as the Crazies go, they normally do not mess with me. It would be a losing deal for them.

biamp THAT

The switch is a rotary type with a screwdriver adjust so it sits real low to the panel.

Be sure the woofers are the 2234's and figure on new diaphrams because any little rub and it kills the whole sound..:o(

Even after reconing the cones it's still a good deal.

Enjoy the thump..

sub

Looks like a very worthwhile deal on a worthwhile project. Sonically you are probably better off bypassing that switch anyway, so unless you are interested in making them cherry original (a challenge, I think) you won't need it.

David

Quote from eBay advert.."BOTH HAVE HOOKS FOR HANGING"

Where these used in a bar or something? They certainly look well used.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyoz View Post
    Quote from eBay advert.."BOTH HAVE HOOKS FOR HANGING"

Where these used in a bar or something? They certainly look well used.

Not sure yet where they were used at. The hooks for hanging dont bother me, I have ordered to sheets of Walnut veneer for the skins, I am really hoping the 3135 is in good shape, or I will be asking a LOT of questions.

Speakerdave, was not really interested in taking them back to 100% original, but do want them working and sounding the way they were meant to sound.. for the cost of these I couldn't go wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by fotodan View Post
    I would say the bass vibrations made the nut come loose and it fell inside. L@@ks like you got a great deal. Good restoration project A++++++++ Other members have said these are awesome speakers with the right power, and space to play them in. Make your pants move with air movement!!!!!!!

Enjoy those bad boys.

J/S-S1A
    Jeff-S1A

Yea, congrats. The journey has just begun...

Check the insides before you crank them ,in case someone rewired the internals.
    Absolutely. Make sure any leads with any BLK (lines or solid) are connected to Black speaker posts.

Quote Originally Posted by subwoof View Post
    The switch is a rotary type with a screwdriver adjust so it sits real low to the panel.
    Yea, but that looks funny in the picture. Make sure everything is still there.

Also, IMO the RH woof in the Left cabinet is not stock OEM 2234H. I'm actually not even really sure it's a JBL (looks Gaussian to me, but hard to tell).

If memory serves, that is the "fulll-range" woof (positioned below and in-line with the 2425H) that crosses to the bi-radial at 1kHz. The other woof rolls off at 100Hz. Anyway, the one that looks different is the one likely to have blown if these were overdriven - take a hard look at the rear label on that driver.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

If memory serves, that is the "fulll-range" woof (positioned below and in-line with the 2425H) that crosses to the bi-radial at 1kHz. The other woof rolls off at 100Hz. Anyway, the one that looks different is the one likely to have blown if these were overdriven - take a hard look at the rear label on that driver.

Bo, I thought the same thing looking at the photos. First thing I am going to do is remove all drivers and check #'s, and see if wiring and 3135 are complete. If thats all okay will start looking for correct drivers for these speakers, along with making them look pretty again...

Thanks all members for your help, I am sure I will be asking many, many more questions in the future, along with pics showing my progress..

Thread Information