Project May is now fully underway. I am very pleased to be able to announce the generous sponsership of JBL Consumer. JBL has donated the full compliment of drivers that will be used for this system. The drivers consist of:

4 - 1500AL Woofers

2 - 435Be Midrange Compression Drivers

2 - 045Be UHF Compression Drivers

The basic concept for the Project May loudspeaker has been set. Each speaker will use vertically aligned, twin woofers with a composite midrange/UHF horn sandwitched in between. It can be thought of as a considerably scaled up version of the K2-S5800 that is illustrated below:

A project brief has been drafted and a detailed work plan is under development. A new section of the Lansing Heritage website has been set up to document this project. It is accessed from the "Project Speaker" button on the main navigation menu for the site. Right now, it is not much more than a place holder. Detailed information will be forthcoming over the next week.

In closing, I want to express my thanks, and that of the project members to JBL Consumer for their very significant donation to the Project May initiative. It has given us an unprecidented opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology in developing our own statement speaker.