Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
The second file with the Aquaplas is about 1db lower in amplitude.
G.T. does two thin coats of aquaplas diluted with water using a modeler's paint brush. One should see a drop of about 1 dB at the top end.

I use the same method as G.T. but then I hit each coat with a water mist to create a nice uniform coat. That just seems to work best for me personally. D.S. was concerned that any kind of manual method could cause pooling and I am extremely conscious of his concern. For concave surfaces one should wick away any pools that might form. As both G.T. and D.S. have stated, done correctly, there should not be a measurable night and day difference. I believe they were referring to a typical response curve. The resonant frequencies should shift downward somewhat but nothing dramatic.
Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
Giskard could you please post a before and after if you have them. I don't know if the aquaplas sample I have is the same exact material as the real deal you use. I added pigment to mine to make it black. I would love to see if our measurements show the same changes.
I suppose. It should probably be done on a PWT and I don't care enough to whip one up just for this. Of course we're also talking about a ferrofluid recharge here too so...