Thread: jbl 4343b

jbl 4343b

ciao,i purchase a pair of 4343b,in good condictions where is the difference between 4343 and 4343b,but the medium have a dustcup nout of the centre,i look a type with dustcup in centre.sorry for my bad english.
    i speak in italian.
    il mio modello ha la cupola del medio rivolta verso l'esterno,io ho visto altri modelli con la cupola verso l'interno qual'e la differenza.
    sorry.
    the difference in photo of medium.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Looks familiar

Ciao sgaggy

the first picture shows one of my 4343B studio gray monitors. The cabinets are actually 4343Bs, but don't take the mounted drivers as a reference. It was shot during a temporary test assembly while I was collecting components for another, walnut pair - although I wasn't sure to get them, at that time. The drivers are not stock in this picture, they are 2405, 2420, 2122H (featuring a 'normal' dustcap) and 2235H.

- stock 4343 configuration would be 2405, 2420, 2121A, 2231A, with inverted dustcaps on the 2121As

- stock 4343B configuration would be 2405, 2420, 2121H and 2231H, with inverted dustcaps on the 2121Hs also, see list below.

Your second picture could be both. You'll need to pull the drivers and have a look at the labels, to tell exactly what they are.

Congratulations btw, show us more of your purchase please.

re

dear fangio,i tell with my friend of putignano,that recone my woofer,if recontstraction jbl dust cap.where i search for dimension of dust cap.
    grazie fangio thank you.

I believe JBL's vintage
    - 15" speakers have a 4" dustcap
    - 10" speakers have a 3" dustcap (that would be ~7,62cm)

Explain a bit, what are you going to do (or your friend). Why reconing? The LF/MF transducers in your pic look quite nice as they are..?

If you really want to recone woofers, factory recone kits come with the dustcaps included. 2121 kits are no longer available, but 2122 kits are - and you would get a convex dustcap too. Because the distance on the inside of the frame is quite narrow, it is recommended to have that job on 10"s done by a pro reconer, at least from my point of view.

Added the former 2121H in this gray cab with concave* dustcap. Often hard to tell from pics.....

* for those that always confuse that concave/convex thingie (like me), put grandpa's little rhyme into a translator - War das Mädchen brav, ist der Bauch konkav - doch hatt` das Mädchen Sex, ist der Bauch konvex

Quote Originally Posted by Fangio View Post
    2121 kits are no longer available,
    Wrong Fangio

Some are left here in Germany. They are bloody expensive though.
    I did 2 2121 recones recently.

re

another questions how eliminate scractc from l-pads.

Well Guido, congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Wrong Fangio
    Some are left here in Germany...I did 2 2121 recones recently
    nice to know your service has access to old stock kits. Hope you can handle the worldwide demand.
    ----

sgaggy, have a look into the archives via 'Search'. Tons of stuff about L-pads and cleaning should pop up.
    Last edited by Fangio; 03-12-2007 at 12:25 AM. Reason: off topic

Ciao sgaggy

the first picture shows one of my 4343B studio gray monitors....
    with a short detour from the thread I'd ask you what exact colour is "studio gray". My 4343s are gray but need some refurbishing. Is it a RAL type colour or where can I get the original colour from ? Do I have to mix paint up ? Who knows more about it ?
    JBL Paragon
    JBL 4435

Hope you can handle the worldwide demand.
    I doubt this
    But the prices will save me from too much demand.

Quote Originally Posted by nrwjbl View Post
    ..I'd ask you what exact colour is "studio gray". My 4343s are gray but need some refurbishing. Is it a RAL type colour or where can I get the original colour from ? Do I have to mix paint up ? Who knows more about it ?
    When I got these I had the same thoughts. Searched the forums up and down more than once but didn't come across a 'scientific' answer - only epic discussions of the composition of that JBL baffle blue but this was finally solved with RAL tones.

Generally, an appropriate or matching light gray tone might be easier to find than that blue.. The only one who ever cared for that gray seems to be the highly regarded forum member Tom Loizeaux who recently passed away:
    http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...07&postcount=7

Anyone else has a better answer? sry :dont-know

... of course you can order it in Japan.
    http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...2&postcount=35

with a short detour from the thread I'd ask you what exact colour is "studio gray". My 4343s are gray but need some refurbishing. Is it a RAL type colour or where can I get the original colour from ? Do I have to mix paint up ? Who knows more about it ?
    Here in the U.S. the hardware chain store Home Depot has a service to match the color of a color swatch, and blend paint with that exact color with their computerized color matching system. I've never used it, but I've seen it.

Here in the U.S. the hardware chain store Home Depot has a service to match the color of a color swatch, and blend paint with that exact color using their computerized color matching system. I've never used it, but I've seen it.

Thread Information