Thread: Infinity 2000A Hybrid Electrostatics

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Okay, its a muggy, rainy morning, so Emma helped me bring them in and I hooked them up to the Carver TFM-25 amp and fed them from iTunes ...
    I handed Emma her iPad (remote) and let her choose music - her tastes run more to pop but pretty sure her ears are (younger) and better than mine.

Marty Stuart (Way Out West), lots of Mark Knopfler, Spandau Ballet, Funkadelic, Herb Alpert (Rise), Earth Wind & Fire, and finished with Aja ...
    I played Trio (Parton, Harris, Ronstadt), Kinks, Dominic Miller/Botti, Daft Punk, and KLF.
    Her prognosis is they are impressive - but they do get a bit bogged down with very complex music with a lot of instrument & vocals going.
    Bass is amazing - unexpected, even tho specs say 30-30kHz (when new, in 1971!) The tweeter area is open to the rear - so its back and front firing
    My feelings - amazement - all in all, they are really impressive for 50 y.o. speakers!
    (I really should recap them) ... Heck of a deal for free!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information