I'll try to hit those not mentioned yet, but I do want to hear TiDome's Joe Walsh/Tommy Bolin/Prince reviews, they all would have been on my list.

Lifetime achievement awards:

Tony Iommi - not the best soloist, but he's worked long & hard at it and influenced millions. At least as good a lead player as Blackmore is a rhythm player, how's that?

Brian May - can do it all and has. Tasty, appropriate for the song, innovative, influential, consistent. Among the all-time best, to me.

Brian Setzer - DON'T dismiss him as just a rockabilly player, he can stand up with Gilmour and hold his own, I kid you not. They certainly won't sound anywhere near the same, but Setzer won't go home embarrassed. He's that good.

Angus Young - perseverence? Consistent, fun, assertive.

Jerry Cantrell - I think this guy's got it all, too, but hasn't gotten his due. Some great songwriting over the years, and the "Boggy Depot" solo album's really good.

Charlie Christian - stunned me when I listened through his box set. To this day, smokes most of the players out there, and on the equipment of his time. Worth buying the box set.

Les Paul - same thing: buy the big box set. Go see him before he dies. See him twice in case he has an off night. Go.

Danny Gatton - discussed in other threads lately, stunningly good but never got his due.

John Scofield - sometimes off in space or repetitive, but imaginative and original and inspirational.

Neil Geraldo - solid. Tasty. Great technique.

Worth looking up:

Stevie Salas - from ColorCode to Was (Not Was) to Sass Jordan to his solo stuff, a real chameleon that plays with feeling and finesse.

The Jayhawks - some beautiful soloing (particularly as guests on Maria McKee's "You Gotta Sin to Get Saved" album) that's had me going back to them a lot lately.

Robben Ford - inconsistent songwriting & production, but when he rips he really can play. A favorite is "The Brother", I believe a tribute to SRV.

Sonny Landreth - like Ford, has ups & downs with the context he's playing in, but he can make your head spin in a "how'd he do that" way. Finger picking/slide/zydeco stuff that's just brilliant.

Jeff Golub - known for his easy, jazzy stuff, he's a monster player with great touch & tone.

Nuno Bettencourt - impressive, I'm going to make an effort to dig for more of his later stuff.

Brother Cane - "Seeds" - honorary mention, this album has some great solos on it and thick, meaty guitar tones & textures.

Elliot Easton - exceptional utility player, didn't really get to stretch out in The Cars but really impressive when he did.

Dan Baird - "Love Songs for the Hearing Impaired" - another honorary mention, for the same reasons. If you like electric guitar tones, listen to this one. Great Brendan O'Brian production, fun songs, excellent playing.

Screaming Cheetah Wheelies - "SCW" and "Magnolia" honorary mention #3 (and 4, I guess). Dual-lead sorta Southern Rock bluesy wailin' albums.

The Hellecasters - three ungodly talented players just plain show off and make you want to quit playing.

Gary Moore - certainly has his moments and some killer tones.

Slash - has obviously had his moments but is really hit or miss lately.

Rich Williams - Kansas, underrated player over the years.

Michael Lee Firkins - if you like the metal/shred instrumental albums, look him up, you won't regret it. Tastier and more eclectic, but still plays the seemingly impossible.

Michael Ward - School Of Fish & later in The Wallflowers, great feedback control and tasty play-for-the-song sense.

Nils Lofgren - "Valentine" solo from Silver Lining always moves me, nice fingerpicking feel.

Randy Rhoads - others can probably elaborate more, an excellent composer & technical player, I never loved his tone but always remembered his solos note for note.

Mike Campbell - talk about playing for the song. What a perfect companion for any songwriter, he'll always make you look good without disrespecting the song. Texture for days, picks just the right tools for the job.

Warren DeMartini - gotta mention him if you're mentioning any of the big-hair bands, he had serious tone & chops.

je