Thread: AV400 SS Amp

AV400 SS Amp

Finally found some time and bolted this thing together. I've tested the power supply, DC speaker protect board, and surge limiter board. Now have to find some junk speakers and hook up my backup preamp. This is a 220 WPC amp. I'm going to bridge it which will produce 700 watts. Will then build a second and use them to drive a pair of DIY 2235 subs. For now the amp will replace a Phase Linear 400 Series Two and drive my pair of Infinity 12" subs. When the weather warms and I can work in the garage, I'll buff and polish the front, back, and top plates. Don
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by HipoFutura View Post
    Finally found some time and bolted this thing together. I've tested the power supply, DC speaker protect board, and surge limiter board. Now have to find some junk speakers and hook up my backup preamp. This is a 220 WPC amp. I'm going to bridge it which will produce 700 watts. Will then build a second and use them to drive a pair of DIY 2235 subs. For now the amp will replace a Phase Linear 400 Series Two and drive my pair of Infinity 12" subs. When the weather warms and I can work in the garage, I'll buff and polish the front, back, and top plates. Don
    It look very similar to a Perreaux construction?

Hi Don,

Nice to see that come together. Bet it'll be hard to wipe the smile off of your
    face once you get 'em hooked up and crankin those 2235's

-grumpy

Grumpy, I went to fire it up tonight and discovered I didn't have all the rquired fuses. Will have to visit the hardware store tomorrow and stock up. The damn thing has ten fuses in it!

Rolf, the reason it looks as it does, is that it's the only way I could figure out how to fit it all together. It's a beast - must weight close to 50 lbs. I'm happy with the layout. Just hope that toroid doesn't induce any noise in the line input or speaker output.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by HipoFutura View Post
    Rolf, the reason it looks as it does, is that it's the only way I could figure out how to fit it all together. It's a beast - must weight close to 50 lbs. I'm happy with the layout. Just hope that toroid doesn't induce any noise in the line input or speaker output.

Don
    Looks very nice. The Perreaux 350 is about 77 lbs

Nice job.

Ian

Thread Information