While I was in high school/college (late 60s and 70s) I saw and heard a lot of JBL speakers but didn't have that kind of money in those days. I just remember JBLs from those days were a standard of excellence in speakers and wished one day I could own some. I had audio equipment in those days but I built all my speaker cabinets with modest components I could afford.

Recently I've been getting back into the audio scene after all these years and wanted to try out some JBLs. I've been hanging around this forum and learning a lot, thanks! So I took a chance on some 4311Bs for about $100. The speakers are in pretty good shape and the cabinets need just a little TLC. They sound great compared to some Sansui speakers I've been using. The JBLs are much smoother sounding and more detailed. Now I know what quality speakers sound like, yes there is a difference.

The only issue is one of the tweeters isn't working so I'll pull it out tomorrow and see it there is a loose/bad connection. Do these fail easily? If bad, I guess I'll wait around on the ebay until someone parts one out. Appreciate any suggestions. Even with one tweeter not working, these 4311Bs still sound great.

Thanks for letting me be part of this forum
Mike