Thread: Looking for info on an (I think) Altec system

Looking for info on an (I think) Altec system

Twenty years ago, when I joined a particular organization, they had four large speaker systems purchased as foldback to a large TV studio. I'm having a little trouble ID'ing. Here are spces:

These were large cabs deisgned to be oriented vertically. They were nicely finished in light oak veneer. Each cab was designed to look like a stacked pair of cabinets, a larger one to hold the woofer and a smaller one on top to hold a separate, black, multi-cellular horn tweeter. The cabinets were, however, a single, common cabinet. As I remember, the woofers were 18" (I could be wrong here) and the black, cast metal horns were about eighteen inches across and 7" tall. Each section, top and bottom, had its own brown grille to cover and dress it up. I want to estimate the size at about three feet wide, four feet tall, and two feet deep.

Any ideas?

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Womack
    Twenty years ago, when I joined a particular organization, they had four large speaker systems purchased as foldback to a large TV studio. I'm having a little trouble ID'ing. Here are spces:

These were large cabs deisgned to be oriented vertically. They were nicely finished in light oak veneer. Each cab was designed to look like a stacked pair of cabinets, a larger one to hold the woofer and a smaller one on top to hold a separate, black, multi-cellular horn tweeter. The cabinets were, however, a single, common cabinet. As I remember, the woofers were 18" (I could be wrong here) and the black, cast metal horns were about eighteen inches across and 7" tall. Each section, top and bottom, had its own brown grille to cover and dress it up. I want to estimate the size at about three feet wide, four feet tall, and two feet deep.

Any ideas?

Bob
    Certainly sounds like an Altec Model 19. 15" woofer....416, I think...1" driver 808, 806(?) on multi-cell horn.

Here's a link from the Library:
    http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/...s/model-19.htm
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound
    Certainly sounds like an Altec Model 19. 15" woofer....416, I think...1" driver 808, 806(?) on multi-cell horn.

Here's a link from the Library:
    http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/altec/specs/home-speakers/model-19.htm
    That's it!!! Thanks a bunch!

Bob

Thread Information