Thread: Tweeters on L100

Tweeters on L100

Monday or tuesday I'm going to start construction on a singled ended el34 triode amplifier to help get the most out of my century l100's. So in preparation I bought some new shelving and rearranged my listening room, while moving my speakers I noticed a small hole in one of the tweeters. I have no idea where it came from, but nonetheless it's there and I'd like to fix it if possible, and if not find a replacement tweeter. I believe that it is the le25 since it has the foam ring (which has long ago rotted away), is square and has that red stripe going around the outside of the dome. Should I try doing the old tissue paper with glue fix it or try and find a good tweeter somewhere on ebay?

Smile Welcome, SETriode

Quote Originally Posted by SETriode
    Monday or tuesday I'm going to start construction on a singled ended el34 triode amplifier to help get the most out of my century l100's. So in preparation I bought some new shelving and rearranged my listening room, while moving my speakers I noticed a small hole in one of the tweeters. I have no idea where it came from, but nonetheless it's there and I'd like to fix it if possible, and if not find a replacement tweeter. I believe that it is the le25 since it has the foam ring (which has long ago rotted away), is square and has that red stripe going around the outside of the dome. Should I try doing the old tissue paper with glue fix it or try and find a good tweeter somewhere on ebay?
    Welcome to the forums. For a little clarification, do you mean literally a hole through the small dome or is it a dent? Can you take a photo and post it?
    Out.

Here is the bad news. Think it's fixable or should I just poney up for a new tweeter?

If it were me, I'd have a two pronged plan (either live with it as is, or attempt a fix), -and- start looking for a replacement. -grumpy

Thread Information