Thread: LX10 dividing network HF not working

LX10 dividing network HF not working

The HF is not working on one of my LX10 dividing networks. Does anybody have an idea as to what to look for to get it to work again? The LF works fine.

thanks a bunch
    Attached Images Attached Images   

If yours are made like mine (below), with foam isolating/insulating pads as opposed to potting, the components inside are accessible, and there's only four of them. Inspect for any obvious deterioration or damage. You can also get to the terminal contacts beneath there.

I'd first look to the elements of the exposed L-Pad. Clean with one of the contact cleaner/deoxidizers made for the purpose available from Parts Express. It's pretty easy to diagnose if it has failed, but finding a replacement for it that'll fit in the available space may not be easy. The Parts Express 50 and 100 watt versions I have here won't fit. Maybe the 10 watt? Other sources?

The second most common mode of failure is corrosion on the input and output terminals at the screw connections inside. Take them off, clean, and reinstall with new same-size screws. I usually replace with stainless to stop the corrosion.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yes, mine looks like yours. I took a quick look inside the other day but didn't find anything obvious. I'll inspect more thoroughly when I have the time. Thanks for the suggestions.

If you do work on the terminals, make careful note of the location and orientation of the insulating washers there. They have to go back in the same way so that the terminals and screws do not short to the metal case....

Wires incorrectly connected

Quote Originally Posted by RetreatWI View Post
    The HF is not working on one of my LX10 dividing networks. Does anybody have an idea as to what to look for to get it to work again? The LF works fine.

thanks a bunch

Normally the Tweeter are wired with Red (+) and Black (-) and the Woofer with Green (+) and Black (-). I’m guessing you have the wires connected incorrectly on the outside, Green should be on the left (1) and Red (3)

You sir, have replied to a Zombie thread from WAYBACK

The post previous to yours was from 2006, by Zilch, who died a number of years later, in 2011 (RIP) ...
    The original poster has not been on the Lansing site since 07-22-2009 4:39PM -
    he won't see your reply or mine.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information