Still looking to replace my ailing subwoofer amp and am tired of the excessive noise associated with "PA" amps with SNR ~100 (which is only 70-80 at 1 watt) and can have audible fans.

The PS-400 presents a nice alternative, extremely good specs and no fan, though it could use a little more power. I am willing to give up 2 dB of volume to get better specs elsewhere and not put up with the excessive noise.

My dellema is that while I typically run my sub (W15GTI) at 12 ohms, I sometimes run it at 4.8 ohms (W15GTI in parallel with 2235) and in bridged mono, the amp is only recommended to 8 ohms. I recognize that a quality amp should not have deleterious effects when pushed to a lower impedience, other than it gets hot and limits the current, or shuts down, if pushed to excessive volumes, that I'm probably not going to incur sitting in my living room 15 feet away.

Has anyone used this amp and do you have any comments? Can it reliably push a 4.8 ohm load to a reasonable level without frying either itself, or my JBLs?

Thanks

Specs on Crown:

http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/k1073-4.pdf