Thread: cabinets restoration

cabinets restoration

Hi everyone,I'm intending to restore my 4333 cabs,they got marks,scuffs,stains..... veneer still there but seems a bit blemish(should i stick a layer of varnish or simply oil them with linen seed oil?), so i need to bring them back to life.I've been through some threads here but as i'm french, the polishing brands named doesn't mean anything to me neither can i get them here,so if someone is willing to drop some step by step tips,i would be very grateful,thanks in advance to all.

'i know i'm a dumb...'

J.A.F.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by takenodisk
    Hi everyone,I'm intending to restore my 4333 cabs,they got marks,scuffs,stains..... veneer still there but seems a bit blemish(should i stick a layer of varnish or simply oil them with linen seed oil?), so i need to bring them back to life.I've been through some threads here but as i'm french, the polishing brands named doesn't mean anything to me neither can i get them here,so if someone is willing to drop some step by step tips,i would be very grateful,thanks in advance to all.

'i know i'm a dumb...'
    I like to use TUNG OIL with some stain in it to match the color of the veneer. This oil dries "thicker" then boiled linseed oil - hence it fills in the scuffs and imperfections. I also use ScotchBrite sanding pads (fine grade) as the applicator for the TUNG OIL. Elbow Grease
    Amazed I'm still alive!
    Tim

Thread Information