Thread: C34 mirror image pair with energizer cutout???

C34 mirror image pair with energizer cutout???

O.K., this is interesting. A yahoo auction in japan for a mirror-image stereo pair of C-34 cabinets.

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n35252887

I'd never seen these mirror imaged before, most of the ones I have seen were from the monophonic era after all. So I thought they might be home-built, but the one with the 175DLH to the upper left of the woofer seems to have the right decals and emblems. So maybe the mirror image C34 with the DLH to the upper right is home built? The date-code serial numbers on the N1200 crossovers were consecutive months: 511170 & 512170 from November & December of 1955 (if my interpretation is correct) Then I went to look at the other photos posted here:

http://photos.yahoo.co.jp/ph/clipon7...s.yahoo.co.jp/

Big surprise was on the back where one of the C-34s had a cutout for a solid state stereo energizer! Whaddahellizzat???

Also it was clear that some of the interior panels are made of particle board in the cabinet with the DLH mounted to th upper right of the woofer. I believe the energizer panel is also particle board, but I'm not sure which speaker it's in.

Wouldn't inserting a big amp in the horn throat change the speaker response significantly? Is this some kind of twisted hoax?
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

Thread Information