PDA

View Full Version : Westrex 2080A or altec 515 (A)

sa660
03-08-2006, 08:59 AM
I bought 2 years ago 2 15" westrex 2080A, with damaged cones.
And guess what? I bought last week 3 recone kits for 2080A in the orginal box. Just a small difference in cone from the original, that make me think : they must have been trying to deal with the thermal issue in the coil. 5 littles vent grills on the central dome.

See below photos: My question can someone put a date age on these recones kit?

Earl K
03-08-2006, 09:59 AM
I bought 2 years ago 2 15" westrex 2080A, with damaged cones.
And guess what? I bought last week 3 recone kits for 2080A in the orginal box. Just a small difference in cone from the original, that make me think : they must have been trying to deal with the thermal issue in the coil. 5 littles vent grills on the central dome.

See below photos: My question can someone put a date age on these recones kit?

Wow,,, isn't that interesting !

Say Richard, is that circular band of foam glued onto the cone ?

Age of cone kit ? ;
-Is the foam hard or soft ? ( all the foam types that I know of are hard & crumbly by the time they are 40 years old / & usually well before that ) .

- Will you please take some pictures of the voice coil ( as well as measure the winding height of the coil ) ?

-The fact that the dust cap appears to be already glued to the preassembled kit will only add to the challenge of getting a good clean ( with no coil rubbing ) fitup . ( That dust cap is glued on there , isn't it ? )

Thanks <. Earl K

sa660
03-09-2006, 02:24 AM
The foam is quiet hard.
The dust cap are glue on.
You can adjust/center the basket of the 2080A with 4 grub screws.
I will take some measurment and come back to you.

regards,

sa660
04-19-2006, 02:06 AM
The voice coil is 3" diameter.
The depth of the paper support is 1.5".
The coil is a lot shorter (3/8") and it is about 2/3 away from the suspension.

Regards,