PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic split into 2 sections and moved down!

scott fitlin
03-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Why did we have to have Off Topic split into 2 sections?

And with having to scroll down so far now, I feel like we were put in the basement!

:coolness:

Don McRitchie
03-03-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm doing some long overdue house cleaning so I haven't placed the forums in their final position yet. I split the forum becuase the old "Off Topic" board had grown to be one of the largest on the site, and given its obvious wide range of scope, was getting too cumbersome.

scott fitlin
03-03-2006, 10:50 AM
:D

JBLnsince1959
03-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Why did we have to have Off Topic split into 2 sections?

And with having to scroll down so far now, I feel like we were put in the basement!

:coolness:

Scott, given the situation off and on lately..that is the wisest thing I've seen here for awhile and it's the only solution that gives everyone what they want..there's two groups of people here

1. 1 group want an ONLY general MUSICAL off-topic forum
2. Some want a general - any goes off topic - for example - Don has been one of the biggest users of this type of off topic forum with his personal threads with the pictures ( of the town, trips etc) which is a place for us to let our hair down and let other's know more personal things about ourselves or our thoughts.

Good move Don...I was hoping this is what you do.....

scott fitlin
03-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Seems like the forum has more rooms to go into, maybe less cluttered. This is good, it works, thank you Don!

:)

boputnam
03-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Good one. Looks very well thought out (now that you changed the subheadings...).

With attendant Moderator re-attribution. :applaud:

JuniorJBL
03-03-2006, 12:51 PM
I was reading a thread then al-of-a-sudden BANG where am I?:D

It looks great Don!! Thanks for all of your hard work:applaud:

Titanium Dome
03-03-2006, 04:25 PM
With a little time for user re-education and some minor fine-tuning, this looks like a very positive step. Well done. :yes:

This kind of conjoined approach is very exciting and deserves a blue ribbon!