PDA

View Full Version : Interesing Large Monitor from Usher

10 Watt Street
10-10-2003, 04:43 AM
I came across an interesting speaker from Usher, the D2, that looks rather familiar. Joe D'Appolito does design work for Usher.

http://www.usheraudio.com/speaker-horn%20series.html

4313B
10-10-2003, 06:29 AM
I hate loudspeakers that are taller than me and deeper than they are wide.

My wife wants to know if an ice maker is included in the price or if it's an add-on. :rolleyes:

Alex Lancaster
10-10-2003, 06:40 AM
The pop machine is included, the ice maker is a dealer installed extra cost option.

Alex.

4313B
10-10-2003, 06:51 AM
Yeah, she was afraid it would include a pop dispenser and not include the ice maker. :( She won't have any of it! :no:

No wait... now she's saying if they toss in a perpetual chocolate dispenser she might consider it.
I think what she is getting at is something of value has to come out of those silly holes besides stale air. :rolleyes:

GordonW
10-10-2003, 06:59 AM
Actually, D'Appolito no longer works for Usher. He's been Chief Engineer for Snell, since the beginning of the year... his departure was announced at the Winter CES show.

I wonder when Usher will stop saying "designed by D'Appolito", on new stuff that wouldn't have been around to work on?

Here's the news report from when it happened, from High-End Audio News:

01 / 23 / 03

Longstanding loudspeaker manufacturer Snell Acoustcis has appointed Dr. Joseph D'Appolito as their chief engineer. Dr. D'Appolito holds BEE, SMEE, EE and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from Rensselear Polytechnic Institute, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the University of Massachusetts. He also is as an internationally recognized authority in audio and acoustics who speciales in loudspeaker system design and testing. During Snell's 25-year history they have employed such legendary designers as company founder, the late Peter Snell, to former Chief Engineer Kevin Voecks to David L. Smith. "I'm especially pleased to be working with Snell at this time," said Dr. D'Appolito. "We have a strong, diverse line of products and an experienced team of engineers, craftsmen and women, and sales professionals committed to building on Snell's recent successes."

Regards,
Gordon.

boputnam
10-10-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Giskard
I hate loudspeakers that are taller than me ... 176.8cm ?? :confused: That's like 5'10" - I figured you were sorta Zeus like, you know, many STORIES tall!!

Oh no - another crushed icon... :rotfl:

4313B
10-10-2003, 08:00 AM
"I figured you were sorta Zeus like, you know, many STORIES tall!!"

Oh I am, I just don't convert centimeters to hands high very well...

boputnam
10-10-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Giskard
Oh I am, I just don't convert centimeters to hands high very well... Well then, that's the only thing you appear to struggle with... ;)