PDA

View Full Version : Custom project-need advice/services

hapy._.face
02-05-2006, 11:55 PM
I'm novice- so go easy on this: I want to build something custom. I was thinking of the following drivers to make up each channel:

1 slot (2 total)
1 smith with a 2435 compression driver (2 total)
1 (or 2) 2122H drivers (2 or 4 total)
1 2245H 18" sub (2 total)

Each driver will get a seperate enclosure (slots will be bracket mounted). The smith either on top- or (can I squeeze it in any other way- vertical???)

Here are my questions:
1. I've pretty much got a 4345 here with a substitution in the horn. Will this combination work well together?
2. Besides the 3107- Is there an existing crossover network that would do well enough for this group (until I get a better one)?
4. I plan on bi-amping (initially) and tri-amping or even quad-amping eventually. I'm confused about crossover topology- If anyone is willing to help me put together a nice crossover configuration for this project -I'll pay (send me PM)..

Thanks!! :o:

Zilch
02-06-2006, 12:30 AM
Smith horn is 140° x 60° dispersion, no?

There's some point in illuminating the floor and ceiling with it by mounting vertical?

If you're thinking Project Array, look at the pattern of that vertically mounted horn. 70° x 30° (?), i.e., half that and in the opposite directions.... :(

hapy._.face
02-06-2006, 12:33 AM
Thanks, Zilch. I was wondering how to get my slot up above the horn, and I didn't want to mount the horn in the enclosure. More of a joke really. :p

Zilch
02-06-2006, 01:06 AM
No problem. Maron Horonzak suggested the same thing over in the "Brochure" thread.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the fundamentals, it doesn't make any sense to me.... :dont-know

If you're wanting to do the vertical horn thing, there IS a 1.5" 70° x 50° CD horn that will accept the JBL 243x drivers with mounting flange modification.

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88895&postcount=848

This thread needs to be moved to DIY. I'm very uncomfortable discussing undocumented approaches in "Technical" in violation of posting guidelines....

Ian Mackenzie
02-06-2006, 04:31 AM
Thanks for the Tender docs, I send you a pm.

Moderator..please move to diy

Yawn

hapy._.face
02-06-2006, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the Tender docs, I send you a pm.

No problem-

Thought this might inspire you (Nelson Pass):

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a253/ameristalgia/3d01390a.jpg