PDA

View Full Version : LH Weekend POLL: What Dates?

Titanium Dome
01-26-2006, 08:04 PM
All right, now that the March dates are dead, let's get a poll on what dates will work for the most people.

Select your preferences. You may choose up to three weekends. I skipped some weekends due to holidays.

JuniorJBL
01-26-2006, 08:15 PM
So I will wait to see what dates are the most popular.;)

johnaec
01-27-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm with Junior - all dates are OK with me, so I'll leave it up to those who are more constrained in their dates, (though I imagine summer dates might allow people to tie in with vacation time...).

John

glen
01-28-2006, 02:19 AM
A major attraction might be a JBL factory tour.

Does anyone have an idea how receptive of a tour group they would be,
and what their schedule is like?

Most of our other activities we can set a date for to suit ourselves.

I think we might want to consider scheduling a date according to whatever is the least flexible of our activities

JBLnsince1959
01-28-2006, 03:49 PM
A major attraction might be a JBL factory tour.

I agree, however, we have heard nothing from either JBL or people who said they would see into it ( Don) sooooooo, I hate to say this, BUT, this might be a case of the LAST option for voting.

I hope I'm wrong....Personally I think it would be great if we could get a tour at Northridge..and they don't have to go out with a red carpet or anything AND they could write it off to PR... but something for their most loyal customers (and fans) would be nice...maybe a tour...hear all the new stuff ( even what goes to Japan)...a free pair of K2 or arrays ( or both) for each person ( OK, I'm dreaming)

johnaec
01-28-2006, 04:06 PM
...a free pair of K2 or arrays ( or both) for each person ( OK, I'm dreaming)Ya' never know...remember those 100 free cars GM gave Oprah to give away on her show? What better way to publicize JBL's than give a bunch away to people that will heavily promote them! http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/applaud.gif

John

JBLnsince1959
01-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Yes, that would be very good PR for them....get a writer, take some pictures....give the article to a speaker mag.....show how good they are to their fans... and showcase their latest wares to the public.. :blah: JBL could only win from that..IF they wanted to.

Titanium Dome
01-29-2006, 04:20 PM
We might be able to get JBL keychains for everyone... ;)

JBLnsince1959
01-30-2006, 08:05 AM
We might be able to get JBL keychains for everyone... ;)

DOME...don't tease us with such rare and exotic gifts....Be very Careful..as some people might think you could really pull that off by having "special" friends at JBL....

also, how come there were 8 people voting in the last poll and only 5 now? Our numbers are in trouble.....

JBLnsince1959
01-30-2006, 08:12 AM
OTOH, they might get propositioned for sex, offered inexpensive drugs, or have the chance to buy jewelry, weapons, or other mechandise at a heavy discount. So the neighborhood isn't all bad. :D

Well, if the keychains don't work then maybe this will help to get the people in........

altho I'll recommend buying the merchandise FIRST and then go for the drugs...have to be careful and clear headed when buying like that.

Rolf
01-30-2006, 09:42 AM
I am starting to think this is not going to happen. If you take the % of members in each country Norway will be represented by 25%. If the US alone did that there would have been plenty!

Come on you guys! Sign up!

Rolf

JuniorJBL
01-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Now that there is some votes I have put some dates down. Just as a reminder I can make any of the dates other than July 24!

Shane

Titanium Dome
01-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Rolf

This will happen even if it's only you and me, and I have to put you in my guest bedroom to make it happen. I've got 14 different JBL models (if we count the Performance Series and the Sat10/Music10 sets as one model each) you can listen to, and I know the way to Northridge. We can at least get in the front door at JBL and maybe to the demo rooms before security throws us out.

:thmbsup:

JBLnsince1959
01-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Rolf

I know the way to Northridge. We can at least get in the front door at JBL and maybe to the demo rooms before security throws us out.

And there'a another PR opportunity for JBL...if we take a Video camera then maybe you guys can be on the local news..I can see the headliner now...."JBL Speaker Fans caught sneaking into JBL factory and listening areas..details at 10"

Seriously, the numbers are not good, maybe we need to have another poll and find outwhat's up everyones "arse" as to what's keeping them away..apathy..money..distance...etc..

I really want to come BUT I can't vote as I'm not to sure of certain health issues ( and what's to happen) for the next few months.....

Rolf
01-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Rolf

This will happen even if it's only you and me, and I have to put you in my guest bedroom to make it happen........

Wery well...:applaud: Let me know the date if we cannot get the big show going.

Rolf

PS. My wife is also be there with me, so I hope you have a double bed....

Titanium Dome
01-30-2006, 03:29 PM

Rolf

Double bed and your own bathroom. :bouncy:

JuniorJBL
01-30-2006, 09:10 PM
This does not happen, I would still like to come to California and visit the members there and see and hear their systems. I would not expect TD to house my wife and I and I would get a room.:applaud:

Rolf
01-31-2006, 01:24 AM
Double bed and your own bathroom. :bouncy:

We are waiting for the "go".

Rolf

JBLnsince1959
01-31-2006, 02:49 PM
This does not happen, I would still like to come to California and visit the members there and see and hear their systems. I would not expect TD to house my wife and I and I would get a room.:applaud:

I been wanting to do the same in Ca. and come see you also as my lady's family is in Loveland, Co...

We'll see what happens....

I'm now freed up as the Doctor today told me everything is OK :D

JuniorJBL
01-31-2006, 03:20 PM
I been wanting to do the same in Ca. and come see you also as my lady's family is in Loveland, Co...

We'll see what happens....

I'm now freed up as the Doctor today told me everything is OK :D

You would be more than welcome here;)

Ian Mackenzie
01-31-2006, 03:22 PM

Rolf

Rolf,

So near and yet so far. I thought that too until I actually did something about it.

Why not get a around the world ticket and see Kakadu and Sydney Harbour and pre book a personalised tour of Northridge , mingle with local forumites, do the Grand Canyon and stop over to NY on the way back....they tend to take more notice of international guests I am sure it can be arranged.

Just tell wifey its a 2nd honeymoon

JuniorJBL
01-31-2006, 04:00 PM

Very good approach:applaud:

JBLnsince1959
01-31-2006, 04:19 PM

Might need a bigger bed than just a double.......

JBLnsince1959
01-31-2006, 04:20 PM
You would be more than welcome here;)

thanks...

Ian Mackenzie
01-31-2006, 04:34 PM
Might need a bigger bed than just a double.......

Apparently

Rolf
02-01-2006, 12:50 AM
Rolf,

So near and yet so far. I thought that too until I actually did something about it.

Why not get a around the world ticket and see Kakadu and Sydney Harbour and pre book a personalised tour of Northridge , mingle with local forumites, do the Grand Canyon and stop over to NY on the way back....they tend to take more notice of international guests I am sure it can be arranged.

Well Ian, such a trip will require a lot more time an money. The money we can probably fix, the time, and not to forget who is going to take care of our dogs for such a long time, I do not know. A week yes, 14 days or more, don't know.

We will see.

Rolf

Ian Mackenzie
02-01-2006, 02:47 AM
Scoobydo would be most welcome!

JBLnsince1959
02-01-2006, 06:30 AM
Rolf:

Great looking puppies..what's their names and ages??? I know what you mean about what to do with the babies when planning long trips...makes it tuff, hate to leave them at the vet .

Rolf
02-01-2006, 07:27 AM
Rolf:

Great looking puppies..what's their names and ages??? I know what you mean about what to do with the babies when planning long trips...makes it tuff, hate to leave them at the vet .

Hi. You have a pm.

Rolf

johnaec
02-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Suggestion - could this "Date" poll be made a sticky, so that as the proposed times gets nearer, people who may have let it slip from their minds but are still actually interested will have ready access to it?

John

Titanium Dome
02-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Excluding the "hell freezes over" category, we seem to be getting a cluster around the early June and early July dates.

This week I'll see if the original Carson Community Center idea floats during that time frame, and if it does, then I'll try for the JBL tour availability. That will impact the final choice.