PDA

View Full Version : Technician Needed

analogman
01-12-2006, 12:30 PM
I am in need of a technician skilled in FM alignment and "tuning up" vintage solid state. I need one here in the San Francisco Bay Area as I do not want to ship. The receiver in question is a mint Sherwood S-7300, 100% unmolested original and functional, just getting tired and has some noise developing in the FM section.
Please advise. (and please, no boat anchor jokes, I am NOT using this with ANY JBL ! :) )
Thank you very much for your consideration!

Analogman

edgewound
01-12-2006, 12:32 PM
This should be moved to "Off Topic"

analogman
01-12-2006, 12:50 PM
This should be moved to "Off Topic"

You know what fella? I'm tired of your crap and your condescending, know it all liberal hypocrisy. You lecture others on proper forum protocol, language, vocabulary and manners, yet you are one of the biggest jerks here.

You've still got a problem with that PM I sent you long ago, well tough shit.

I'm posting this here, "in public" hopefully to shine the light on what a pompous asshole you are. That's a BIG gamble for me as I enjoy little status here and don't have your post count, you windbag.

Stop your whimpering, your makeup will run.

My apologies to the moderators and members that had to witness this outburst, this idiot's been dogging me for months now. :bs:

Analogman

louped garouv
01-12-2006, 12:55 PM
tell us how you really feel......

:p

edgewound
01-12-2006, 02:23 PM
You know what fella? I'm tired of your crap and your condescending, know it all liberal hypocrisy. You lecture others on proper forum protocol, language, vocabulary and manners, yet you are one of the biggest jerks here.

You've still got a problem with that PM I sent you long ago, well tough shit.

I'm posting this here, "in public" hopefully to shine the light on what a pompous asshole you are. That's a BIG gamble for me as I enjoy little status here and don't have your post count, you windbag.

Stop your whimpering, your makeup will run.

My apologies to the moderators and members that had to witness this outburst, this idiot's been dogging me for months now. :bs:

Analogman

Feeling a little guilty, huh? Maybe I should post your PM to me for the forum to see who the real asshole is...or are you afraid the light will be too bright? I asked for an apology from you for something that you came up with from out of nowhere. I've been dogging you? Prove it my friend.;)

Mr. Widget
01-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Hey analog and edge... take it outside.

As for the Off Topic comment it was correct, I moved it. We are trying to be better about keeping our threads a little bit better organized.

As for a Bay Area service center. If it were my tuner, I'd take it to The Sound Well.

http://www.thesoundwell.com/

Widget

analogman
01-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Hey analog and edge... take it outside.

As for the Off Topic comment it was correct, I moved it. We are trying to be better about keeping our threads a little bit better organized.

As for a Bay Area service center. If it were my tuner, I'd take it to The Sound Well.

http://www.thesoundwell.com/

Widget

Sorry Widget for the childish behavior. My last post was made before I read your suggestion, not in spite of it.
I know the Sound Well and Rich Crowell well, but was never very impressed with their techs, (I saw the bench, many times) BUT that was some time ago. Could/would you provide some details regarding their current tech service?
Thanks,
Analogman

Mr. Widget
01-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Their shop does look more like a thrift shop than someplace you would take in a quality piece of gear, but they do quality work. I would trust them.

Widget

Titanium Dome
01-12-2006, 03:18 PM
(snip) ...and your condescending, know it all liberal hypocrisy.

I always thought you were were kinda conservative, :dont-know at least by my standards. Did I miss it?

edgewound
01-12-2006, 03:26 PM
I always thought you were were kinda conservative, :dont-know at least by my standards. Did I miss it?

Hey Ti...

You didn't miss a thing...;) ...more like middle of the road. Best to raise my kids that way.

Titanium Dome
01-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Reminds me of the story about the man hiring a chauffeur. The driving test was to drive as close as possible at normal speed to the bridge abutment on either side without damaging the car. Each candidate was progessivley closer to either the left or the right side as they competed for the position.

The last driver went straight up the middle, as far away from either abutment as possible.

"That's the driver I want," said the man, and hired him on the spot. :yes:

edgewound
01-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Reminds me of the story about the man hiring a chauffeur. The driving test was to drive as close as possible at normal speed to the bridge abutment on either side without damaging the car. Each candidate was progessivley closer to either the left or the right side as they competed for the position.

The last driver went straight up the middle, as far away from either abutment as possible.

"That's the driver I want," said the man, and hired him on the spot. :yes:

It's a good thing this exchange is in "Off Topic". I'm laughing so hard my makeup is running.:rotfl: :applaud:

louped garouv
01-12-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm laughing so hard my makeup is running.:rotfl: :applaud:

nice -- did you live in San Fran?

lots of trannys used to live in NOLA too.... (rumour was that former NOLA mayor Marc Morial was counted amongst them -- of course that was never confirmed nor denied)

ahhhhh the joys of youth :D

edgewound
01-12-2006, 05:39 PM
lots of trannys used to live in NOLA too....

ahhhhh the joys of youth :D

You shou....ah....nevermind.