PDA

View Full Version : Stands for L300

majick47
12-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Not that I'll be moveing the L300 often but I just completed a set of stands with wheels which resemble a furniture dolly. The two "stands" raise the speakers 3" off the floor and it is just enough to bring the tweeters/horns/woofers better in line with my seating position. I have to say it's a noticable improvement in the total sound quality of the L300. I used 3/4" maple to make the stands and used the smallest wheels that would support the weight (145 lbs). Next I'll paint them a semi gloss black and the stands should easly blend in with the original black bases and not look out of place or out of proportion.

Titanium Dome
12-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Sounds neat. And the pictures are where?

:useless:

toddalin
12-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Not that I'll be moveing the L300 often but I just completed a set of stands with wheels which resemble a furniture dolly. The two "stands" raise the speakers 3" off the floor and it is just enough to bring the tweeters/horns/woofers better in line with my seating position. I have to say it's a noticable improvement in the total sound quality of the L300. I used 3/4" maple to make the stands and used the smallest wheels that would support the weight (145 lbs). Next I'll paint them a semi gloss black and the stands should easly blend in with the original black bases and not look out of place or out of proportion.

These were raised 1-3/4" so that they would clear the bricks thereby letting me move the cabinets just that much closer together. I simply nailed/glued 1"x2" to the existing bottom and painted it to match. Even 1-3/4" helped get the tweeters closer to ear level and the woofers over the coffee table.
http://www.largescaleonline.com/eimages/lsolpics/Team_Member_Pics/toddalin/speaker2.jpg

kingjames
12-24-2005, 05:05 PM
you got my vote.

kingjames
12-24-2005, 05:08 PM
http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/useless.gif

Ti Dome, I love this every time you post it, it is so fittin'

majick47
12-24-2005, 05:14 PM
I'll have them painted by Monday and post some pictures. Same as toddallin stands it brought everything to ear level.