PDA

View Full Version : For your amusement...

Fred Sanford
12-17-2005, 06:47 AM
http://www.ilikejam.dsl.pipex.com/audiophile.htm (http://www.ilikejam.dsl.pipex.com/audiophile.htm)

...thought this might stir up a few conversations at least, we'll see.

Apologies in advance if this has been posted in the past.

je

johnaec
12-17-2005, 06:42 PM
$485 for a wooden knob only??? :eek: Some of the stuff listed is outrageously absurd!! :blink:

John

Mr. Widget
12-17-2005, 07:11 PM
$485 for a wooden knob only??? :eek: Some of the stuff listed is outrageously absurd!! :blink: But John, the beechwood is coated with C37 lacquer!!!!:applaud: :rotfl: :applaud:

Widget

jbl4ever
12-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Yea thats sickening:barf: You could make a nice pair ouy of rosewood for $50.00. Most tweaks are snob appeal for the high end market. Yes their is
some good tweaks also.

johnaec
12-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Quote: "Well, hearing is believing as we always say. The sound becomes much more open and free flowing with a nice improvement in resolution. Dynamics are better and overall naturalness is improved."

From a KNOB?? :blink: Sheesh...

Widget - you should easily be able to produce the finest in that genre - 'sell more than one or two a day and you could retire in short order! :p

John

Mr. Widget
12-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Widget - you should easily be able to produce the finest in that genre - 'sell more than one or two a day and you could retire in short order! :p
Wouldn't it be nice. If only it was that easy... I think you have to be delusional or a crook to pull it off though.:(

Of course, if I were to produce high end wooden knobs, I could say with all sincerity, that these knobs will in no way degrade the sound of your system.;)

Widget

yggdrasil
12-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Maybe its time to upgrade my old equalizers, with 40 knobs each. $38 800. :eek:

Should give a real audible improvement, don't you think.

andresohc
12-17-2005, 09:49 PM
But it provides Good Vibrations, doesnt let those bad vibrations into the signal path:barf:
Quote: "Well, hearing is believing as we always say. The sound becomes much more open and free flowing with a nice improvement in resolution. Dynamics are better and overall naturalness is improved."

From a KNOB?? :blink: Sheesh...

John

duaneage
12-17-2005, 09:52 PM
I like the tweeters that do nothing. 400 a pair and they operate at 1 Ghz. Great for cell phone antennas.

Batteries not included.

Ken Pachkowsky
12-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Knobs selling...what else "Knobs"

Ken

Steve
12-18-2005, 12:48 AM
Forget the knobs....

Gotta get some of that C37 lacquer....
I figure 30 gallons of it will do for coating the inside of our house where we listen.... at least 2 or 3 coats worth.
Then off to the car..... think of how much better it will sound with the seats, dash and floor all coated with C37.....
Never mind the crunch when sitting down....That just adds to the experience.

Actually thinking about it.... doing the house and car and not even waiting for the lacquer to be totally dry..... just about anything will sound better.... even before turning on the music.... : )

Steve

Fred Sanford
12-18-2005, 07:32 AM
Well, that worked pretty well, didn't it!

Glad a few of you enjoyed it.

je