PDA

View Full Version : AudioKarma?

Alexander
11-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Anyone know whats up with the AudioKarma server??...just curious...thanks a

doodlebug
11-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Anyone know whats up with the AudioKarma server??...just curious...thanks a

They had a message yesterday that there had been database corruption but it looks like the site is down. I've not received any direction communication, however....

Cheers,

David

jackgiff
11-02-2005, 05:41 PM
He used some pretty bad language when a user advised about mixing chemicals. I was amazed to see that from a "part owner" of the forum.

Don C
11-02-2005, 06:25 PM
He used some pretty bad language when a user advised about mixing chemicals. I was amazed to see that from a "part owner" of the forum.
I guess that's why they call him grumpy. I doubt if that has anything to do with the outage.

jackgiff
11-02-2005, 07:02 PM
I guess that's why they call him grumpy. I doubt if that has anything to do with the outage.

Still, I hope that kind of language doesn't become part of the experience one finds on AudioKarma, and especially not on this forum.:barf:

Mr. Widget
11-02-2005, 08:06 PM
:wtf:are you talking about...:wasnt-me:

Sorry... someone tripped my silly button... beats the hell out of my seriously pissed off button though.

I really do agree with you but, we don't want an unnaturally sanitized forum. It is nice that we generally succeed at being civil even when we disagree.

Widget

Lancer
11-02-2005, 08:17 PM
As far as I'm concerned Grumpy's posts on AudioKarma are the main reason to visit the site. I think he's hilarious.

Wardsweb
11-02-2005, 08:19 PM
The hosting company took the server offline abruplty by mistake and when it came back online the attachement table in the MySQL database was corrupted. I have a database manager trying to fix it. If not ,we can bring an archive copy online, but will loose a few months of posts and members. Could be worse, but it is a PITA. It's amazing how many members are calling and emailing. You would think they didn't have any life outside the forums.

Alexander
11-03-2005, 12:04 AM
Wards....thanks for the update and good luck with the database recovery...geez what a PITA...a

clmrt
11-03-2005, 08:33 AM
I just wanna play Tetris.:applaud:

Bernard Wolf
11-03-2005, 04:45 PM
As far as I'm concerned Grumpy's posts on AudioKarma are the main reason to visit the site. I think he's hilarious.

Ditto...:applaud:

doucanoe
11-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Grumpy has the straight forward ability to say it as he see's it. Maybe not for the thin skinned but refreshing to me.

RC

mikebake
11-04-2005, 03:03 PM

Not as funny as Romy the Cat.

clmrt
11-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Grumpy has the straight forward ability to say it as he see's it. Maybe not for the thin skinned but refreshing to me.

RC

And being part owner, he doesn't need to play by the rules.

jackgiff
11-04-2005, 05:18 PM

RC

Grumpy does have a way with words, doesn't he? And I am not a thin skinned person. I have been known to curse, and even to use the "F" word as he did. But never on my own public forum, and never in bold capital type that could be read across the gymnasium. Sometimes cursing seems to be the best way to make your point and sometimes it happens because of limited language skills. I made my post trying to be humorous, not presenting myself in a "better than thou" vein. But I would really be disappointed if Don McRitchie made such a comment on this forum. Nuff said!

morbo!
11-04-2005, 05:36 PM
I dont really think you can expect more out of one person than another.
Everybody has the right to say what thay want.(with in the rule book i surpose).
And anyone can have a bad day.
no1 really knows whats going on in another persons life.and how he /she deals with pressure:banghead: or loss:(

morbo!

doucanoe
11-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Grumpy does have a way with words, doesn't he? And I am not a thin skinned person. I have been known to curse, and even to use the "F" word as he did. But never on my own public forum, and never in bold capital type that could be read across the gymnasium. Sometimes cursing seems to be the best way to make your point and sometimes it happens because of limited language skills. I made my post trying to be humorous, not presenting myself in a "better than thou" vein. But I would really be disappointed if Don McRitchie made such a comment on this forum. Nuff said!

Im sorry Jack, I wasnt directing that tword you. I was making that comment in general. What I meant is that Grumpy's approach is not appealing to everyone to be sure.

Jack, I think that Im missing something here. Did Grumpy and yourself have a confrontation or something?

Ron

trueview
11-04-2005, 08:04 PM
anybody have an idea how long they will be down?

such a bumber:(

Regis
11-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Sigh, I miss it too and will be checking. One of the few places that has an all Sansui forum as well as other dedicated forums to Pioneer and Mac. A really good bunch of guys. I think there's a whole lot of us missing AK.:(

Alexander
11-06-2005, 01:33 AM
So is AK down for the count?...any news any one?...i'm like an audio junkie, got me hooked and after four days i'm starting to get the shakes...a

mech986
11-06-2005, 02:18 AM
Good news, located the temporary site where AK will operate from till the server gets back to action. Thanks to luvvinyl for the heads up and AA members for posting too. Here you go.

OK, boys. Here is a link to AK's old server, which is our temporary home, until the database gets restored. You can read about it, here:

http://66.221.175.84/forums/index.php?s

I'll start another thread to let everyone else know.

Regards,

Bart

Alexander
11-06-2005, 03:04 AM
Thanks Bart...shakes are in remission