PDA

View Full Version : tube bi amp 250ti advise

gerard
10-14-2005, 06:33 PM
hello

I will finish my 250 ti clone project this month and would like may be to bi amp ( xpl250 filter ) with a tube amp for the upper freqency .

Audio mirror monoblock tube 40 watts each seems an interesting choice .

Any advise if it worth the trouble to bi amp or any other nice tube amp advise for a 2000.00 $ value .

Gerard :barf:

Triumph Don
10-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Look at the McIntosh 240 just listed on Audiogon

jblnut
10-16-2005, 06:42 PM
It's WAY worth the trouble - see my posts in the archives about my Giskard-crafted bi-amp 250TI's. You'll get the benefit of a silky high end with the low-end slam of big transistor power. I've thought about it many times myself, but the reality is that tubes just don't have enough power (unless you spend insane $$$) for the kind of listening I do. I love the incredible dynamic range and heardroom I get with having 300wpc on the high end and 500wpc on the lows.

But that's just the rock and roller in me :) . Saner heads with more discriminating tastes would likely prefer tubes over transistors for most listening.

jblnut

hello

I will finish my 250 ti clone project this month and would like may be to bi amp ( xpl250 filter ) with a tube amp for the upper freqency .

Audio mirror monoblock tube 40 watts each seems an interesting choice .

Any advise if it worth the trouble to bi amp or any other nice tube amp advise for a 2000.00 $ value .

Gerard :barf: