PDA

View Full Version : I've Got to Get the Hell Out of Here

Don McRitchie
10-05-2005, 03:15 PM
This is Winnipeg as of ten minutes ago. The weather's been like this for the last 8 hrs and isn't forcast to change until tomorrow morning. Fall only officially arrived two weeks ago and now this. I f*ckin hate it.

Zilch
10-05-2005, 03:20 PM
We'll make room for you here.

We've got nice architecture, too.

It was all replaced after 1906.

[It'll save the shipping on your speakers.... ;) ]

Ken Pachkowsky
10-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Don

Jesus man! thats supposed to happen in 4-6 weeks....not now!

I have to clean off the patio table. Its 85 today and dinner is on the patio tonight. Have a great evening...:)

Ken

Audiobeer
10-05-2005, 04:14 PM
That does suck! I saw pics of Montana also today. It all looks beautiful to you have to go outside and get around in it! :(

Titanium Dome
10-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Don

Jesus man! thats supposed to happen in 4-6 weeks....not now!

I have to clean off the patio table. Its 85 today and dinner is on the patio tonight. Have a great evening...:)

Ken

It was 93 here today; what's up with that? Darn Santa Ana winds!

I used to love the first snow of the season back in MI, but after that...fuggedaboutit. Driving down I-94 in a frickin' blizzard to be holed up at the inlaws for T-day :die: ; taking a much longer trip at Xmas to Ohio through freezing rain and raw wind to relive the humiliation of childhood with my Mom. F@?k that. :banghead:

Thanksgiving on Catalina, Christmas in Joshua Tree, that's more like it. It's just like :smsex: without the clean up. :thmbsup:

rockin'rushmore
10-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Hi Don,i'm getting the same thing here! Who said hell was hot?

scott fitlin
10-05-2005, 05:41 PM
NY has been having a warm fall this year! Was like 82 and sunny today!

Im not ready for the freeze yet, maybe you should move somewhere warmer! The US has Miami, what does Canada have? Gotta be someplace to go!

John
10-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Well It was hot last weekend ??? :p

What the hell after all ,today is the start of the season for NHL hockey so maybe it is the way it should be.

This weekend it will warm up again??? And if it does not oh well I will be heading south regardless:D

Don McRitchie
10-05-2005, 06:55 PM
If the NHL season dictates the length of time that Winnipeg is under snow, that means I won't see bare ground again until mid June 2006. Now I really need to get the hell out of here :D

geowal3
10-05-2005, 07:30 PM
is for Real Men! (Not me - enjoying mid 50's & 60's here in Montana:) )

Donald
10-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Aww, quit yur bitchin.

Nov.21, 2004 in the High Desert of California.

Alan Fletcher
10-05-2005, 09:24 PM
So much for global warming theories...

I enjoyed the pics Don. Reminds me of the sh**ty weather that's coming. I hate snow, but I *llllove* 4WD!!

All you west-coast guys got it easy! :D

Gordon Lightfoot's always good winter weather listening...

-A

LE15-Thumper
10-06-2005, 02:25 AM
Don !!!!! WTF ???? Now they are really going to believe that we live in igloos and drive snowmobiles year round. Where was the shot from JULY when it was 31C or 95F ? :beach:

By the way, that whale blubber and seal skins you ordered just showed up. :bash:

How about the unbeatable eye candy on
Corydon on a hot Saturday night ???? ;)

You just gave them another 20 year supply of fodder to keep the Great White North myth going. :banghead:

I feel betrayed MAN :biting:

Maron Horonzakz
10-06-2005, 06:59 AM
You can pick up some cheap realestate in sunny New Orleans.:blink:

Don McRitchie
10-06-2005, 07:57 AM
Where was the shot from JULY when it was 31C or 95F ?

If you're looking for balance, there was a whole thread of Winnipeg summer pics here:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6704&highlight=winnipeg

That doesn't make up for the fact that I was and remain pissed as I crunched through newly fallen snow on my walk to work this morning. Yes, this is not normal weather for this time of year, but neither is it unprecedented. While I'll get over it, I reserve my right to be pissed off having to endure an early October snow fall.

John
10-06-2005, 09:58 AM
I think it should be mentioned this snow came from a System that originated in Colorado!!!;)

louped garouv
10-06-2005, 10:14 AM
You can pick up some cheap realestate in sunny New Orleans.:blink:

not so -- from what i hear, locals think vacated property will be going fast.... that is the local speculation anyway... NOLA natives expect a pretty sizable number of vacation homes/investment propertiues to be built for rich folk....

Sorry for sending the cold that way.... but better than having it here -- FWIW it did snow in mountains yesterday

Gary C.
10-06-2005, 10:37 AM
TEXAS...

it's the place to be...

sonofagun
10-06-2005, 10:45 AM
C'mon now...let's all together sing Don the closing theme from "Die Hard" -

"Ooooh, the weather outside is frightful,

but the fire is sooo delightful,

and since we've got nowhere to go,

we're f**ked, we're f**ked, we're f**ked!"

:banghead:

louped garouv
10-06-2005, 01:42 PM
they are really going to believe that we live in igloos and drive snowmobiles year round.

.....the Great White North

exactly what I thought of when I first saw the pics.... :rotfl:

well that and...

eh.... I know how we can get free beer eh, all it takes is some baby mice and empty bottles.... eh

John
10-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Just to set the record straight the Famous Colorado Low weather system just delivers the moisture, and when it moves in to the Dakotas+southern Manitoba it combines with the cold Canadian air and turns to snow. :(

So see you are just 50% at fault:applaud:

Titanium Dome
10-06-2005, 02:10 PM
exactly what I thought of when I first saw the pics.... :rotfl:

well that and...

eh.... I know how we can get free beer eh, all it takes is some baby mice and empty bottles.... eh

Hoser.

richard c.
10-06-2005, 04:27 PM
I always liked the McKenzie Brothers, and the last time I saw them was in a beer commercial, eh? They dived out the door of an airplane after a beer bottle, (that rolled out the door). I may have seen them on the "Red Green show", too, but I'm not sure what characters they played.Richard C.

hector.murray
10-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Don, can you say "Snowbird"?
I knew you could............

mikebake
10-07-2005, 06:45 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/06/D8D2QNPG2.html
Possibly weather related

Don McRitchie
10-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Definitely weather related. The pilot radioed back to the the airport she had just taken off from saying her wings were iced and that she needed emergency clearance back. Unfortunately, she didn't make it.

Rolf
10-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Oh well. Not to worry Don.

We here in Norway will soon join you with the snow. Think positive!: When should we use our wonderfull Hi-Fi Systems if we only had summer tempratures??

Here we now has the fall. Looking forward to the snow. Heat from the fireplace, good wine, my woman in my arms, listening to good music on the 4343's.

P.S. Maybe not in the above order.

Rolf

Titanium Dome
10-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Looking forward to the snow. Heat from the fireplace, good wine, my woman in my arms, listening to good music on the 4343's.

Rolf

Well played, well played. :applaud:

JBLnsince1959
10-07-2005, 02:56 PM

We here in Norway will soon join you with the snow. Think positive!: When should we use our wonderfull Hi-Fi Systems if we only had summer tempratures??

Here we now has the fall. Looking forward to the snow. Heat from the fireplace, good wine, my woman in my arms, listening to good music on the 4343's.

Rolf

Rolf:

you can have the snow, I've been thinking of moving south or west. There's nothing like going out on Chirstmas day, taking the top off the Jeep and driving around in a T-shirt...Ahhhh..I miss Houston......

Zilch
10-07-2005, 05:29 PM
HUH? There's still wimmens in Norway?

:blink:

Titanium Dome
10-07-2005, 07:45 PM

Many women. Start here:

http://www.friendfinder.com/search/p29458.subeuropeanpersonals&country=norway&age=20-35&show=F

Rolf
10-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Rolf:

you can have the snow, I've been thinking of moving south or west. There's nothing like going out on Chirstmas day, taking the top off the Jeep and driving around in a T-shirt...Ahhhh..I miss Houston......

Well, this sounds good too, bu you will miss the oportunety of douin this......

Rolf

Rolf
10-08-2005, 08:53 AM

Yes, you will also find her in Norway:

Rolf

louped garouv
10-08-2005, 08:56 AM
nice.... :D

OFD
10-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Scott, the US has Miami, and Canada's got Vancouver where, in mid-Winter, you can ski, sail AND golf all on the same day.

Don, a couple of Winnipeg memories......nylon tires back in the '70s, where you'd bump your way down the street on the flat spot until the tires had warmed up, just as you arrived at work.

Another was the letter to the Free Press from an appreciative American Summer visitor to the parliament building. He thought we were really considerate for putting electrical plugin posts in the parking lot so that tourists with RVs could have power during their visit. :rotfl: Little did he know that these are a Winter necessity in Winnipeg for the block heater in your car.

Hey...no more mosquitos until the end of May!

JuniorJBL
10-10-2005, 07:32 AM
Snowing in Denver today!

louped garouv
10-10-2005, 07:48 AM
a firend in parker reports over 12" :D -- Columbine valley gets a dusting... :(

morbo!
10-28-2005, 07:35 PM
hi guys
just been readin threads
My 2 cents worth
I have only seen snow once in my life. And had to drive to the ass end of aus to do it.
If you dont like the cold.And can stand the heat the top 1/2 of aus is right for you.
Plus this is a great place a big lack of people on a big mass of land
You can go places here with out seeing a person for a week, Or head to a city if you want to go party!
aussie`s are used to doing big miles.Or kilometers here lol

p.s sorry about the ass end crack ian
p.p.s thankyou willis carrier i might join his forum two