PDA

View Full Version : Gadfly

edgewound
07-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Hey all...

I've only been a member here a couple of months......and the last thing I wanna do is become the resident "Gadfly". It looks to me some threads I've been in have resulted in a moderators' decision to close the thread and probably generally view my involvement as becoming a PITA. For that, gentlemen, I apologize...I will no longer post any of my personal views that might be construed as pushing my "vision" of how the world should operate. You are free to post whatever you want and I'll just stay out of the way...and wherever I can be of help, I'll chime in.

I would just hope the forum member's continue to have a healthy regard for each other's viewpoints without getting downright nasty.

See you around,

Edgewound

Edgewounds,

Don't take anything too seriously around here, as discused previously, pms tend to have more substance the the snow flakes on the surface!

Ian

Titanium Dome
07-18-2005, 08:30 PM
I would just hope the forum member's continue to have a healthy regard for each other's viewpoints without getting downright nasty.

See you around,

Edgewound

To both of the above statements I say, "I hope so, too," especially to seeing you around. :) There's no freedom if everyone believes like me.

Movin' on... :drive:

boputnam
07-18-2005, 09:50 PM
I will no longer post any of my personal views that might be construed as pushing my "vision" of how the world should operate. Cool observation, and sound resolution.

The most difficult thing, here, is to parse technical results/data from personal opinion, and to do all with proper, and clear attribution.

We all enjoy knowing other's experiences and opinions, but we have a duty here, to sustain "best practices", and by that I mean sustain original JBL engineering, and when we wander, leave bread crumbs to that effect.

-----

Now to some :offtopic: input.

Anyone going so low as to resort to ad hominem attacks, criticsim, and devisive posting simply results as follows, in order of escalation:

- thread editing by moderators
- thread deletion by moderators
- member banishment. Those so banished are free to return to Bose-ville where they must rightfully belong, because no-one respectful of JBLansing's efforts would allow themselves to get coarse, here.

Mind that the escalation stages are not linear.

Keep your shit together, people. We owe it to each other, regardless of your passionate opinions.

Just keep workin on that blue paint boy....:rotfl: :rotfl:

ian

scott fitlin
07-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Edgewound, you stay, you be part of the forum! Everything that was of value and the original meaning in that thread had already been said much earlier in the thread, and with it turning nasty towards the end, it was a better decision to close it, rather than let it erupt into something unneccesary!

:)

edgewound
07-18-2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks Gentlemen....I'll leave it at that.

Here's to James Bullough Lansing..and his pioneering of...

Edgewound